By Anonymous - 15/12/2010 05:42 - United States

Today, my toddler stood up in a shopping cart and fell, giving himself a black eye. Later, while at a restaurant, he tried to stand up in his high-chair. I quickly blurted out, "Sit down! Do you want another one of those?" while pointing at his eye. The waiter wouldn’t stop glaring at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 371
You deserved it 10 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Now the waiter thinks that you're an abusive parent. Watch your back OP, your toddler is trying to put you away while he plans to rule the world!

DakotaCat 4

We all know he didn't fall off a cart... He's actually the world's youngest professional boxer

Comments

You know, they do put those buckle restraints on carts and high-chairs for a reason. For that exact reason, oddly enough. They even put little pictographs and a warning on the seats.

monnanon 13

kids don't often sit within those restraints and behave tho. No matter how tight they are a toddler can wriggle about and fall and it usually happens so quick you dont have a chance to react.

The average toddler figures out pretty quickly either how to undue the restraints, or how to get out of them without undoing them. It may not matter if you buckle them in.

TheZarola 10

You clearly deserved it. Yelling at your kid in a restaurant generally makes you look bad enough, but saying something badly worded like that is even worse.

They said they blurted it out, they didn't say they yelled it. They may have done, as many parents do, the normal speaking volume, sharp toned, chastisement while the waiter happened to be at or near their table.

Your kid shouldn't be standing in the big part of the cart anyway, he should be in the little seat thing or walking beside you (or in those little cars for kids).

At least they didn't call the police and have you arrested.

tayebee 0

haha be lil more subtle with you discipline