By Anonymous - 18/06/2016 16:16 - United States - Bell

Today, my son was crying because he wanted his daddy, and he asked when he can see him. I had no idea what to say, given his dad left us in the middle of the night last year, now lives in another country, and told me he never wants to see us again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 103
You deserved it 1 665

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry OP. This happened to me when I was younger and I never understood it. It gets easier for the kid with time, but LOTS of it. just know your ex is kind of a piece of shit for leaving you and your kid and not bothering to be a parent to his own son.

That's got to be hard, your child will figure it out on their own one day... There are no words, to say to comfort him, just reassure him you will never leave... It gets easier with time..

Comments

kmclen1565_fml 8

your son is better off without that pos teaching him that it is ok to abuse women and abandon children.. I wish all the best for both of you!

I'm so sorry about your little pumpkin. People like your ex partner are the scum of the earth, it takes somebody sick to abandon their child and his mother. He'll get what's coming to him. This will make you strong, even if it hurts, and it will make him weak and pathetic (more than he already is). If he wants to live a sad and lonely life then so be it. It's what he deserves. Maybe you should consider getting your son therapy or assistance in helping him cope with and understand what's happened to him, as it will likely be hard on his feelings. I hope that you both get the best out of this situation, you are in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry, OP. That's just heartbreaking. You're going to have to tell him the truth at some point, no matter how painful it is. I also hope you have plenty of family around so the child knows that he is loved and he did nothing wrong.

Poor baby. I'm sorry this happened to you and your little one.

Awww, I'm so sorry, That's terrible. Sending love and hugs to you and your son <3