By nosonofmine - 23/06/2012 17:43 - Iceland - Reykjav

Today, my son and I attended the funeral of a family friend. It went as well as any funeral could, up until the point that my apparently drunk son tried to grope the widow. I came an inch away from causing my son to need his own funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 535
You deserved it 2 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who attends a funeral drunk?! I feel so bad for the widow. F her life.

xoxokelsey11 5

I'm imagining a 20 year old groping a 90 year old...

Comments

CorporalDunn 4

Drunk at a funeral? That is dead disrespectful.

It wasn't a baby who died, so sure, go ahead.

perdix 29

I thought everywhere in the world besides the US went metric. Didn't you come within 2.54* centimeters of killing your drunk son? *exactly.

unknown_user5566 26

"One inch" is easier to type than "2.54 centimeters".

42- The preciseness of exactly 2.54 centimeters is a little scarier to me in the sense that it is a definite, certain, non negotiable point of death for OP's son. An inch sounds subjective and exaggerated, with some wiggle room for forgiveness. Just saying. ;) *Tease!*

perdix 29

Since it's a figure of speech, I guess I could accept "a centimeter" or even "a millimeter" to indicate a very small distance ("a micron" would be too hyperbolic).

Things like inches and pounds are still used as informal units of measure lots of places. My mom was from Germany, and in Germany into the 1970s people were still referring to "ein Pfund" (one pound) for things like buying meat at the butcher's. "Ein Pfund" was half a kilogram, or 1.1 pounds in U.S. measure. There are also exceptions to EU-mandated metrication. The U.K. still measures road distances in miles and speed limits in mph, and beer in Imperial pints, IIRC.

skullofdarkness 18

Better than groping the corpse at least...

He should have just thrown the kid in the grave to sober up.

devonisthebest 7

I'm surprised you didn't get thumbed down. Thumbs up for originality!!!

Someone's going to feel bad in the morning!