By Anonymous - 17/12/2009 12:49 - United States

Today, my sister-in-law told me calmly that she never cared for me, likes her brother's ex more than me, and probably will always dislike me. It was our first serious conversation ever, that I initiated because I wanted to "maintain our great friendship." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 415
You deserved it 3 093

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SillyPoop 0

Eh, I like the honesty with this one people should be more honest...it would save a lot of wasted time on asshole people.

It's too bad she hates you, but at least she was honest about it. Better she tells it to you straight up than lie to your face about how much she likes you.

Comments

You married her brother not her so unless you live in his mom's basement what is the problem? Be civil at family gatherings and let it be. Down the road there will be plenty of things you have common ground on unless both of you are totally dysfunctional human beings.

Tromboneguy29 0

I agree with 16. U should just get over it. It's not the end of the world.

my boyfriend said if his sister doesn't like me he'll leave because of a deal they have..

I feel your pain. I have wished my hubbie was an orphan.

@20 Then your boyfriend is a moron or is sleeping with his sister. My sister hated my ex but we dealt with it.

It sucks that your own sister-in-law doesn't like you, because you'll definitely have to put up with each other at family gatherings. But you two ARE mature, well-reasoned adults, right? So you don't like each other. At least you can act civil and polite when you're in the same building. There's no reason you should be fighting tooth and nail or acting snobbish, so this isn't much of a FYL unless she's being an utterly rude and inconsiderate bitch. Both of my biological grandmothers think I'm so much dirt on their shoes. But I put on a smile and greet them pleasantly when I have to be around them. Just grin and bear it, chica. Grin and bear it.

jts2 3

*sigh* Stopping this whole, "Reading the comments" thing now. You idiots are too bitter for a website meant for fun.. Example being, #9.

Says the person so butthurt by the comments, they have to comment about how much they don't like the comments... And I'm fairly certain #9 is a troll. Ignore it and stop feeding it.

glasswater 0

I don't see how you consider someone who you've never had a serious conversation with a "great friend". And she told you the truth. It's worse for people to pretend to like you.

NewJoisey 0

ydi for thinking it was a 'great' friendship. learn to pick out the signs of dislike.

**** her. she must be jealous because your mother or your father married her one of her parents.