By sophiae123 - 18/01/2015 03:50 - United States - Cadillac

Today, my parents threatened to take away my college funds. Why? Because I complained about my 10 pm curfew during break as a freshman in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 426
You deserved it 5 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sadly... Until you move out into your own place you need to live by their rules. I know that sucks for you, but unless they can accept that you're grown up and an adult now, you're gunna have to learn to deal with it. Sorry. :/

Or your parents should respect the fact you're a grown adult and shouldn't have a curfew. I mean 11 pm is kinda early for a 22 yr old..

Comments

I feel your pain OP. I'm paying for my apartment and all my bills but my parents pay for my school. So when I'm home for break my curfew is at 12. /: Sucks but it's life.

Sorry I'm British, what age is a freshman?

juturnaamo 29

Usually 18 if they go straight from high school, unless they graduated early or they dual enroll.

Google? Lol. Anywhere from 16-20 (for people who have to save up money).

Wow, controlling freaks. Hope you'll get by...

rifletwirler92 15

Man some people in this thread act like it's so easy to just up and move out. A lot of the jobs you can get as an undergrad student don't pay nearly well enough to support oneself even with roommates and that's not even factoring in tuition and materials (speaking from experience here). That being said, following your parents rules when you're living with them is reasonable. Having a 10 pm curfew as an adult? Not so much.

#88 If THEY'RE paying for YOUR education, it better be reasonable.

Their home, their rules. THEY'RE paying for YOUR college. How about you just be GRATEFUL that they're paying ANYTHING for you? YDI.

Llama_Face89 33

If it makes you feel any better my parents cut me off from my college fund because I got a tattoo representing my Irish heritage. Wasn't even living with them..

concend_blk_guy 8

YDI, you're living in your parents house and you're using their money to go to college, suck it up and be home before your curfew, or do wat I did, join a program that grants scholarships, get a part-time job or payed internship, and a apartment and do wat ever u want...... I also went with out electricity and heating from time to time, but that's just the price of living at minimum wage

tchatter 7

Move out and pay your own tuition, if it bothers you.

Wow ya. Your life really sucks. Your parents pay for your college. That's a tough life. Grow up. You're lucky, respect your parents and their curfew.