By sophiae123 - 18/01/2015 03:50 - United States - Cadillac

Today, my parents threatened to take away my college funds. Why? Because I complained about my 10 pm curfew during break as a freshman in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 426
You deserved it 5 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sadly... Until you move out into your own place you need to live by their rules. I know that sucks for you, but unless they can accept that you're grown up and an adult now, you're gunna have to learn to deal with it. Sorry. :/

Or your parents should respect the fact you're a grown adult and shouldn't have a curfew. I mean 11 pm is kinda early for a 22 yr old..

Comments

I guess you need to start l looking for work then......

Ur parents suck.. 10 pm and in college? Time to stand up to them

As I said in a previous comment, I'm 22 and have an 11pm curfew. Why? My dad has to get up early and if I'm home by 11 (when I'm not working), we're all happy. I pay my bills and do what adults would do if they're on their own. Since I cannot afford to live on my own yet, I just do my chores and everybody is happy. I respect my parents and so should OP. They're paying for her college (as are mine for my education) and if she doesn't like their rules, then she can move out and pay for her own tuition.

Pay your own bills then spoiled brat.

dDailydDosage 8

You love in their house, their rules. You have no reason to complain anyway. There are a lot out there who don't have their mom and dad paying a cent for their education. Respect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful that my parents are helping so much with my school expenses. I am also working as much as I can with classes and contributing all but gas and food money to my college bills. I respected the curfew I was given, and merely complained about it and was given such an extreme reaction. That was my problem with the situation.

well, you live in their house they are paying your college tuition. until you are doing it on your own they can do that. i am a 20 year old junior in college and yes my dad is lenient on me but thats because i help pay for thigs around the house. i pau my own medical bills and i work. gain some responsibilty they will let up.

random01025 1

lol that sucks I'm 16 and I don't have a curfew at all.

Legally you do so don't give us that bs.

Legally she has a curfew? I'm pretty sure the government doesn't hand out curfews. If her parents doesn't give her one, she doesn't have one.

smarti1809 12

sounds like a manipulation tactic to keep you in line. I say, get a job, save your money and when the time is right, move out. I"m already planning my escape from my overbearing, manipulative parents. Trust me, you can do it. Leave-no matter what they say to convince you to stay. Start planning now.

I really don't see the issue. I never had a curfew because I'm responsible and I don't drink or hang out with stupid people. I could come home whenever as long as I was quiet. I don't know why parents are so controlling. I'm 18, and my parents don't do that.