By sophiae123 - 18/01/2015 03:50 - United States - Cadillac

Today, my parents threatened to take away my college funds. Why? Because I complained about my 10 pm curfew during break as a freshman in college. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 426
You deserved it 5 308

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sadly... Until you move out into your own place you need to live by their rules. I know that sucks for you, but unless they can accept that you're grown up and an adult now, you're gunna have to learn to deal with it. Sorry. :/

Or your parents should respect the fact you're a grown adult and shouldn't have a curfew. I mean 11 pm is kinda early for a 22 yr old..

Comments

It's more likely that the parents get up early and don't want to be woken up late at night on a work night.

Skrappz 4

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA damn I'm so sorry for you, you're parents sounds so lame... but they control your college money so they control your life unfortunately for you.

Spoiled! It's their house and if it's their money that's paying for it then you really have no say. Find a compromise at least because ya that does suck. But still.

If my parents were supporting me while I went to college I'd definitely have no problem having a curfew. Try working 40 or more hours to fully support yourself. If it wasn't for renting books I'd have to save money like crazy. My mom will help me out occasionally and I appreciate it. She lost her house so it's not like I can just run to mommy for a roof over head. Be grateful.

My mother tried to impose a 5pm curfew on me during the week and I'm a junior in college so I feel your pain. Luckily I convinced her to move it to 9pm unless I give her prior notice before 8pm.

A 10 pm curfew while on break when you stay with your parents, in exchange for them paying for your college education. No student loans? Sounds like a swanky deal.

HeyImAmy 20

That was my dad! My mom goes to bed early and I watch TV with my dad until 11 pm when I go to bed but, sometimes, I'm on my laptop and don't wanna get off so my dad gets upset. We got into an argument about sleep and my laptop broke in the process of a tug-o-war over my laptop. He was pissed and was like "you're not going to college anymore". He fixed my laptop and I'm going back to school tomorrow after spending one night with extended family.

I think you deserve to have this FML instead of OP

Wow. Spoiled brat much? If I got into it with my dad, I would be kicked out with nothing but what I legally own and he would cut my college funding. You need to be more grateful.

Even though its unfair to get a curfew from your parents when you are an adult, but the realty is that your live in their house, so you should respect their rules