By NOOOOOO - 16/08/2015 23:18 - United States

Today, my only pair of shoes that I brought got stolen at the airport while I was being checked by security. I'm now stuck 1000 miles from home with no shoes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 159
You deserved it 2 484

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Irony, you were stopped or being a potential criminal, meanwhile some criminal stole from you

Comments

Thats really bad. Just wear the socks provided at the airplane. Once you arrive, spend a few hundred bucks at the duty free. Better shoes and no money than no shoes and being labeled as a hobo

Who spends a few hundred bucks to replace one pair of shoes?

Exactly. For less than $15 you can get a pair of decent shoes. Just bevause they aren't Nike/Adidas or branded doesn't make them less of a shoe... #shoerights #shoeequality #rightsforshoes

For less than $15 you cannot buy shoes that aren't made by exploited children/women in some third world country. It's even difficult to find shoes for 100$ that aren't made by the same poor individuals. People should pay more attention to that!

31 - Even high-end shoes are made with exploited labor in Asia... The price tag is more for the brand name than actual quality.

Unfortunately, I'm finding it quite hard to find nice, comfortable and cheap shoes. Apparently, you can only pick one.

JustinJK 21

32. actually that's not always true. A lot of higher end brands are actually made in Italy. All of my designer/expensive sunglasses are. except for my maui Jims which are made in Japan. I have two burberry scarves. one made in scotland, the other in Italy. My Ferragamo shoes I wore today also say made in Italy. Idk. a lot of stuff I own is made in first world countries. If you Google "nordstrom usa" they have an entire section dedicated to american made products. I shop from that a lot.

This is the worst outcome of terrorism ever.

Did you have socks? It makes a difference

Yes.. From what I've heard, his left toe was held for a random security check after peeking through his sock.

cooltatgar 31

You were lucky they didn't steal your belt, holding pants with a hand and luggage with the other.

Perhaps the thief was looking to criticize you, but decided to do the right thing and walk a mile in your shoes first.

They should replace your shoes. And imagine the balls of someone taking your shoes right there. It might have been security that took them

The TSA probably stole them since they're so keen at stealing people's money, laptops, iPads, anything they think they can get their grubby little mitts on, all while failing 97% of the time when tested to find fake bombs on people.