By it's just a name - 10/01/2013 05:53 - Canada - Saint Albert

Today, my husband and I found the perfect house, in our price range and everything we wanted in a house. However, the street it's on is called "Arbour Butte Road". My husband refuses to buy it because he doesn't want it to sound like he lives "in a tree's ass." I'm married to an idiot. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 317
You deserved it 6 311

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd have bought it just SO I could fill out "Arbour Butte Road" every time I had to write an address.

Comments

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that her husband dislikes the house for another reason but went ahead with that silly excuse, possibly because he doesn't want to tell her that he really does not want to purchase a house with a fully-decorated nursery room quite yet.

still better than living at a town called intercourse in pensillvenia

"Pensillvenia" sounds like some sort of mythical medieval cure-all. Did you mean "Pennsylvania," by chance?

im sorry im not that good with most english words specially states (im not american you know)

perdix 29

He could probably write the address as Arbour Butter and the mail will still reach you, although that sounds like some kind of kinky lube. Now that you know of your husband's aversions to asses, don't even bother to look at a house on a cul-de-sac. Even I can't believe we use that term.

I am pretty shocked that a person would use something so arbitrary as a street name to make a major life decision, especially when it only benefits him and his wife... People these days...

You would'nt like the neighbors anyway. There's usually a lot of squirrels and woodpeckers living in a tree's ass.

P#35 is absolutely right; the phonetic pronunciation is 'byoot' - look it up (and buy the house). It means an isolated hill or mountain, or a city in Montana (where 37,000 people have no problem living).

perdix 29

The good news about having a street name like that is that you can post photos at HousesInYogaPants.com and read comments about what perverts want to do to your butte.

Egad! Priceless. Simply priceless. (Still giggling, inappropriately.)

Give the guy some slack, he could of been dyslectic

i would be rats foxforrest not exactly a sexy stages name, but why care im never going to be a stripper any ways :D

I lived on a street named after airplane parts with my pet skunk. That would make me stinky cockpit.

Sounds like a stripper name to me But seriously the name of a street shouldn't stop your husband from wanting to buy a house fly