By for fuck's sake, gran - 25/07/2015 05:30 - United States - Bainbridge

Today, my grandma and I went shopping. When I picked up some shower gel, she started ranting in front of everyone that shower gel injures one's "lady parts" and causes infertility, and that she wants me to give her great-grandchildren. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 485
You deserved it 1 777

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her that if you smell, you won't find a man. If you can't find a man, you can't give her grandbabies.

I can't even comprehend the thought process behind that...

Comments

thaqueen_fml 15

On today's episode of "Adventures with Grandma".

I read the FML and was like, "Meh." Then I read OP's user name and died. Thanks for the laugh, OP.

It was actually a very common thing back then to believe that any types of soap could throw off the PH balance in the ****** and cause a myriad of issues, including infertility. It could be because of the chemicals they used to use in soaps, but it's just an old fashioned issue that is now a non-issue. Older people tend to hold fast to the old ways and have zero filter. As for her telling you that you need to give her a great grandchild, that too could be from old fashioned values, but more so just from her wanting something. I had fertility issued and it took me 7 years to get pregnant, my mom was constantly harping on me. She now constantly harps on my brother who does not want kids at all. All this despite the fact that she already has 4 grandchildren. Just ignore her OP and do what makes you happy.

Elderly always feel entitled to grandchildren. It's always seemed terribly rude in my opinion.

sounds like granny knows her stuff ..

I for one feel so sorry for you OP! As if your grandma actually said that out loud in public, I'd probably die of embarrassment! I hope the rest of your week is full of moments that make you smile.

Oh, imagine how pissed Nana will be if you decide you don't want children. I'd take two forms of protection and not condoms alone when she's near

EcoAirWarrior 7

You should inform your grandmother that the planet is currently overpopulated and that dramatic climactic change could devastate the natural world as well as ravaging civilization and natural disasters could soon regularly occur if the global population continues to rise

It's not the people who are having one kid though, as life still needs to go on. It's the people having 3, 4, 8, 16, 19. Too many tv shows these days encourage many multiples for a chance to be famous. IMO I think it is selfish these days to have more than a couple because of over population, plus with the price of everything, the quality of life you will be able to provide your children goes down with each additional child you have.

I know some big families whose kids are the happiest, politest, creepily talented people I've ever met so I can't judge them. I think people having children they know they'll be devoted to is more important than being able to tell women how many babies should or shouldn't come out their vaginas.

I agree that it is up to each individual person how many kids they want to have, but many of these people do it for selfish or stupid reasons and can not actually afford it (yes, money isn't everything, but unfortunately we require it to live) I have seen this far too many times, and have been screwed over far too many times (due to my old bleeding heart) that it has made me jaded in the area. I also think that it has become a fad due to reality TV. If you can afford to provide a good life for a multitude of children then good for you, go for it, but from my experience, 9 out of 10 families can't and it just makes a poor situation for the children.

tiredofwaiting 25

Tell her you won't find a man to have grandchildren with.

tiredofwaiting 25

That is so embarrassing that is something my grandma would say.