By dumped - 27/10/2009 23:13 - United States

Today, my girlfriend's best friend was dumped, and was absolutely depressed. My girlfriend thought she'd show her sympathy by breaking up with me so they "could be single together." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 828
You deserved it 2 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dude, that happened to my best friend! his gf was my gf's bestie, when she broke with me, the other girl did the same. HARSH!

evangldbrg 0

Get together with her friend, and see if she'll enjoy being single...by herself.

Comments

leyash 0
rairai897 0

u kno wat, F you, this person obviously did not deserve it, i mean seriously, how do u deserve som1 breaking up with u cuz their friend got dumped, the only right thing u can really say is FYL

zina_fml 0

holly god...now thats just...stupid!!! im a girl trust me...theres nothing sympathetic abt that

Here's the thing.. maybe she actually didn't want to breakup with you and the breakup was more-or-less a sham to comfort her friend? If I were her I may break up with you, but I'd make it pretty obvious that we'd get back together as soon as the friend was feeling better.

*post in wrong area please ignore this*

And when her friend gets dumped again, she will dump OP again... and again... and again...? Well, certainly not me, if I was OP.

YDI for dating a dumbass. Bro's before ho's

sisters before misters! just kidding, that sucks. if she's gonna be that capricious about it i guess you're better off anyway.

perstephane 4

Wow. I love my friends, and I do almost everything in my power to comfort them if they've been dumped. But I definitely draw a line at deciding that if one of them can't be happy, I shouldn't be either. I have to assume that you either weren't together for very long, or that she wanted to break up with you anyway. Sorry, man.

This is what you do. You bone your ex's friend. Then you tell your ex what you did. You have to bone her to even things out. Afterward, go find a girl that isn't a ****. That's a whole lot of win for you.

Your girlfriend is a moron. At least you're free of her, right? Better you find out now before you've married her.

I'm gonna agree with what_about_it on this one. See, your girlfriend is clearly a total idiot, who hurts you to give her best friend sympathy. Complete moron. Be glad you didn't marry her, only for her best friend to be divorced and her to divorce you to sympathize with her.

This is another one that sounds very fake. However, at the slight chance it is real, then while that does really suck, take this as a blessing in disguise. Either she was planning on breaking up with you already and just used this as an excuse, or she was never very committed to you to begin with. In either case though, you're better off with someone else. If you had married her odds are the marriage wouldn't have lasted.