By dumped - 27/10/2009 23:13 - United States

Today, my girlfriend's best friend was dumped, and was absolutely depressed. My girlfriend thought she'd show her sympathy by breaking up with me so they "could be single together." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 828
You deserved it 2 796

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dude, that happened to my best friend! his gf was my gf's bestie, when she broke with me, the other girl did the same. HARSH!

evangldbrg 0

Get together with her friend, and see if she'll enjoy being single...by herself.

Comments

That's not even a FML. It's a good thing she did it. You don't want to be going out with someone so stupid.

Most of the assholes on here knocking the ex are men, I presume? She's a loyal friend, and guys who can't handle friendship-over-relationship emotions better learn to suck their own ****, 'cause that's how it is for lots of girls. I'd totally do that for my best bitch, no matter how much I love my boyfriend! Now get your heads out of your asses, and make it snappy. -Clitastorphe XD

#61, friends before relationships is fine, but ending a relationship just because your best friend got dumped is crossing the line. I totally agree with the notion of not putting your bf or gf above your friends all the time, there needs to be a fine balance, but to end a relationship on those grounds; its immature, illogical, unjustafiable, and all around just plain idiotic. You can't possibly present a reasonable defending argument for this. Attempting to do so just shows that you are detached from reality and have no sense of how you should interact with people. OP- sorry to hear that. you're better off without someone that shallow and absent minded.

Think of it this way, who do you value most? I love both Dyl and my best friend Kiki to death, but I'd take my best friend over my boyfriend if I had to choose between the two. If she was in such pain over the break-up, I'd do anything to make her feel better. Anything. Sucks to be you if you haven't had a friend that you felt that strongly for. And just because OP's ex broke up with him, that doesn't mean she's a lesbian. Close-minded comments, much?

You are probably a woman, right? Friendship is a good thing, but me - a man - would NOT dump my gf just because my best friend was dumped. And if OP's gf meant it just as a consolation to her friend... when the friend would be dumped again, would the gf (if they come back together) dump OP again... and again... and again...? Dumping somebody just as a consolation to a friend - even the best friend - that is something, that would my gf do to me ONCE. Notice the ONCE thing ;-)

BigRab79 0

I hate it when it seems like girls are dating their "best friend" and not their boyfriend. You know, the girls who take them to the dates, and you just cant seem to get any space with the girl with out her friend. >XO

popcorncomics 0

...Is she in the closet or something? Doesn't sound like you mean too much to her, so I guess at least you're rid of her? D8

BikerMike 0

No need for anyone of you to be single. You can be a 3ple!!! (if her gf is cute or got bigguns)

Damn, you really don't know to pick 'em, don'tcha?