By Anonymous - 28/12/2012 04:31 - United States

Today, my girlfriend donated most of my book collection because she got me a Kindle for Christmas. Some were signed, including my Harry Potters. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 090
You deserved it 4 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

Muggles... What do you expect from them?

WHY do people think it's okay to get rid of things that do not belong to them without the owner's consent?!

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
CharresBarkrey 15

Says the guy obsessed with Star Wars.

I think Harry Potter sucks too, but so what? If OP loves HP and the books have a lot of sentimental value to him and they are actually signed (therefore sending their physical and sentimental value skyrocketing), then that's all that matters. People like OP's gf piss me off. One person's "junk" is someone else's treasure.

Star Wars is the best movies, books, comics, video games and everything else ever. people who love harry potter are idiots who don't know a grate series when they see one.

lelo007 11

217- You obviously don't know a misspelled word when you see it, either.

PerditaDessa 38

Hopefully you can get your books back or at the very least a new girlfriend.

heytrollhey 12

Oh God... The thought of someone doing that to me makes me want to cry. I'm sorry.

You deserve it for having a Harry Potter collection.... Or are you 12?

bredahl 26

People of any age can enjoy Harry Potter. Yes, it was geared a bit towards the younger crowd, but if you had gone to see Harry Potter in theaters, you must have noticed more than a dozen adults there. You can enjoy pretty much any book at any age.

Seriously? Wow. No, he does not 'deserve' to have his property essentially stolen, regardless of his taste in literature. I think perhaps you should spend a little less of your time insulting people on the internet, and a little more of it reading....

Because enjoying reading makes you a nerd? Well in that case I'm a big nerd and I'm proud of it!

It's not wrong to e a nerd! #nerdyandproud

TylerDC 24

You do mean EX-girlfriend, correct? Shouldn't have donated YOUR things without asking. Period.

Gwyddone 29

You have my sympathy. Also, kick that stupid disrespectful bitch out, after you pulled out of her who got the books. I also have a great book collection, if anybody tried to do something like this, I'd become homicidal on their ass. Nobody can touch my signed (or not even signed) books without my written permission! Not even my partner!