By Anonymous - 05/08/2011 04:18 - United States

Today, my friend's dad had a heart attack. Without realizing what I was saying, I texted her, "If you need anything, you know I'll be there in a heartbeat." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 254
You deserved it 13 257

Same thing different taste

Top comments

gusgus36 5

they know you mean well.. they might not have even noticed that you said heartbeat. don't beat yourself up over it

perdix 29

Well, if her dad is the official timekeeper, you might never show up.

Comments

Captain0bv10us 0

Don't worry! You weren't making fun of them or anything. Just an unlucky choice of words :)

I'm sure she knows wat u meant n she won't be mad

perdix 29

Well, if her dad is the official timekeeper, you might never show up.

That's a pretty heartless thing to say.

SoccerRebel594 0

It clearly was not stupid, fore he got many numerous thumbs ups :)

Wow, why did this get voted up? Apparently this guy isn't alone in being a jerk.

perdix 29

Because it's funny. I'm not sure whether tdrtnlz was berating me or riffing off the theme of the original post.

It's just an unfortunate choice of words.. If she even noticed I bet she knows what you meant and won't be upset or mad at you. I once asked a guy with no hands if he'd like a hand with something, he didn't even notice what I'd said.. And no, I don't know why he had no hands...

Your fault for choosing those words? Hell yeah, it is.

Not really. It was just a slip of the mind.

U obviously made this one up because nobody says that. But its still good

It was just saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, I'm sure she won't be mad about that

I think your friend will know, that you didn't to this on purpose.

I don't think this is very messed up; that comment is used in a lot of situations and your friend should know you intended it to be a serious/kind gesture. I wouldn't worry about it, but if it really freaked you out that much, think before you speak next time. ;)