By pi_power_15 - 11/08/2015 03:25 - United States - Spring Grove

Today, my football practice ended early due to severe weather. Not only had I misplaced my phone earlier in the day, both my parents thought the other had picked me up. I was in the rain for an hour and a half. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 729
You deserved it 2 820

Same thing different taste

Comments

Didn't have a quarter or something for the pay phone?

I haven't seen a pay phone in at least ten years.

They're still around, at least where I live, I run into a few working ones.

EcoAirWarrior 7

You were still fortunate, you could have been attacked by a bear or chased by a pack of grey wolves. There could have been venomous snakes or a cougar nearby. You could have encountered feral dogs. You could have been struck by lightning and been electrocuted

I think if I knew how old you were, it would make it easier to figure out if YDI or this is an FML. If you are really young, you may not be able to sort out another way if getting home. If you are in your late teens YDI for not finding some way of contacting your parents or getting home on your own.

Agreed. You think after 16 at least you would be able to get a ride home from a friend or borrow a phone. I'm surprised the coach didn't stay to make sure that the kids were picked up though. I thought that was standard.

why do people hate rain so much it's just water quit being a pussy

This is why I think payphones should still be around.

FalloutScrolls 25

"What we have here is...failure to communicate."

This happened to me as a kid several times when my mom was pregnant with my little brother. She'd fall asleep and forget to get me and I'd be waiting outside in the middle of winter. Eventually I just started walking home.

This is why you should never assume things- usually it is someone else who pays the price first. Next time it might be a good idea to walk to a convienance store, post office, or some other business and ask to use their phone. Do NOT go to a house to do this- it is a major safety risk, especially since with your parents. An hour and a half is more than enough time for someone to severely harm you. So use public businesses. That said, your coach shouldn't have left until he knew that everyone had been picked up- that was severely negligent of him. You could have been abducted, murdered, struck by lighting, tripped and broken something, died of hypothermia and so many other things because he ignored his responsibilities and duties to you. I think you need to report the situation to either the principal if he is a school coach, or to whatever group runs the team. In my county, a staff member has to stay with any students that are at a location for a school run activity, and cannot leave until they are all picked up or have gone home some other way.