By inthefamily - 23/10/2012 13:29 - United States - Washington

Today, my fiancé's stepfather asked me how my teaching job was going. I replied heatedly that I've never taught, and then complained bitterly to my fiancé about how his family still doesn't know me. Turns out his stepfather has early onset dementia, and that I'm an asshole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 543
You deserved it 36 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like someone never even taught you to be polite

twinny_sc 13

Seems like you don't know much about his family either so what are you so pissed about?

Comments

MiloBear 11

I find it odd that first you mention your fiance and later you mention your boyfriend. Did you get downgraded after your rude comment?

Hey, at least he still knows who you are. :) Dementia is a sad thing to see.

Yes it is. When I was 14, I stayed with my grandparents for three months to help take care of my grandmother who was dying from dementia. It is nice to be remembered by someone with dementia. OP overreacted about everything.

You sound like an utterly self-centered bitch and I'm questioning your fiance's judgement.

Even if you didn't know he had dementia, yeah, you're an asshole for reacting that way. People make mistakes. It's pretty snobby of you to think you're so important that every member of your fiance's family should remember everything about you perfectly.

astralvagan 20

Eh.... Give it a few months and he won't even remembered it happened

Believe it or not, but people will not always remember everything about you. You're an ass to overreact like this, even if he didn't have dementia.

You sound like a spoiled ass and now you should feel bad.

olpally 32

And yet you come here for sympathy for being a rude bitch... Way to go... Idiot...