By Lizziebelle - 01/12/2016 08:07 - United States - Seattle

Today, my horse learned a new acrobatic trick. Unfortunately, I was still on top of him when he tried to somersault. The horse is fine. I'm in the hospital, fresh out of surgery for a broken femur. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 842
You deserved it 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Thought that said 'broken lemur' at first. Hopefully the recovery process will be quick, OP, but in the meantime, you can enroll your horse in gymnastics, so it can be on its way to winning gold in the Olympics!

Yarecho 14

It's ok, he was probably just horsing around.

Comments

Hope you heal well- and I would recommend you kick the horse in the ass with the good leg.

I would not recommend kicking a horse from behind

I don't recommend kicking a horse at ALL. War horses existed for a reason after all, even if this specific horse isn't bred for that.

One_In_Three 24

I was nearly killed by a horse before, yet I somehow burst out laughing reading that.

Costales_fml 7

Hope you have a speedy recovery OP!

Thought that said 'broken lemur' at first. Hopefully the recovery process will be quick, OP, but in the meantime, you can enroll your horse in gymnastics, so it can be on its way to winning gold in the Olympics!

Yarecho 14

It's ok, he was probably just horsing around.

Don't get on a horse without knowing the risks. That really sucks though!

Knowing the risks doesn't change anything when the horse starts acting up while you're already riding so that's kinda pointless to say. And considering OP said "MY horse" i think they did know the risks. Accidents happen.

Horses are (usually) smart animals with minds and personalities of their own. All equestrians accept that, and know injuries happen, but knowing the risks isn't going to help when your horse suddenly decides that something is scary, or gets bitten by a bug and startled, or pinched by a piece of tack, or tickled by their own mane, or suddenly decide they're having a bad day.

Been there before, luckily I only had a bad contusion from my horse rearing up and flipping backwards on me. I later required surgery to have it removed. Hope you get well soon OP

I also broke my femur horseback! A bit of advice: EAT HEALTHY!! it speeds up the healing process 100 fold!

Imagine if he would have pulled it off! I would pay good money to see that.

Ouch! Sounds painful! Get well soon! I'm just thankful I'm male and don't have one of those!

Boys don't have legs. Didn't you know that?

I just learned a new thing about male anatomy. I need to call my brother right now and ask him where he got his fake femurs.

These people just cannot recognize a joke when it bites them in the ass! I know the femur is the thigh bone and all humans normally have two.

Doesn't even make sense as a joke mate. Just admit to yourself that you flopped on this one and let it be. There's no sense in beating a dead horse.

Are you sure you weren't on a donkey? Because your horse sounds like a real jackass.