By Liah12 - 05/03/2016 13:52 - United States - Holt

Today, my family picked a place for my birthday dinner. They chose a seafood restaurant. I'm allergic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 984
You deserved it 1 521

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are your parents stupid? On your birthday they pick something you can't eat? It's your birthday, should you pick the place?

A07 48

When you blow out the candles, look them in the eye and wish "to have better parents next year" out loud.

Comments

diego92 13

Wrong family, right? Welcome to the club!

Hopefully they had something you could eat there. (Although the staff was probably confused as they sanitized literally everything.) Even better, I hope your parents took you someplace else after realizing how dumb they were.

Steve97 32
_ravens_ 11

This has to be so fake. No family is stupid enough to not know your allergies

Not really, if OP lived away from their parents or developed the allergy recently, then it can be easily forgotten. Or at least that's my parent's excuse.

This doesn't sound fake to me! My parents did that to me one year when I was 12. I had just won a horse show and they picked a place to go celebrate for me and it was a place that serves pretty much nothing but spicy foods with peppers in the food. I'm severely allergic to peppers.

That is terrible ... Let your parents know you will put in just as much thought when choosing their retirement home.

Maybe ask them if you can do a redo Birthday Dinner? That's what happened with my sister. We had chicken on her birthday and went out for pizza the next night.

My mom did the exact same thing to me once. She wanted to take me somewhere nice on the beach since we were on vacation and she'd heard good things about this one place. She thought there would be more non-seafood options, but there was only one thing on the menu I could eat. It was a pretty good steak though.

I wouldn't say it's the exact same since your mom seemed to actually care about your diet and just made a small mistake.

Not even the same thing. Your mother at least thought they had non-seafood options, where as OP's parents seems like they didn't give a shit.

birthdayforgot 14

Op you should pick were YOU want to go.

Almost the same thing happened to me! I don't eat meat and I have some really bad problems with dairy, so I requested a vegan place for my birthday. The tool to me to a steakhouse. I was a little upset, but they had steamed broccoli on the menu so I ordered that. When it got to the table, it was covered in cheese. I was told it would take 30 minutes and there was literally nothing else on the menu. I went hungry.

To be fair though, just because you don't eat meat doesn't mean they should have to go somewhere that doesn't serve any. Granted they should have picked a better place. You at least choose not to eat meat, OP literally can't eat seafood.