By ItsGoneForever - 04/04/2016 17:58 - Netherlands

Today, my electric razor broke down during shaving. So now I have a face which is shaved on the right hand side and has a beard on the left. I don't own blades, so I'll have to go to work looking like this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 211
You deserved it 5 011

ItsGoneForever tells us more.

Hi guys, OP here! Just to clarify a little: I shaved with blades once, but that was a disaster. Blood everywhere and it toon way longer than shaving with an electric razor. Therefore, no blades! My old electric razor was actually almost 14 years old, so I could have expected this. However, it stopped working all of a sudden, without any signs of failing previously! However, stores for electronics tend to open at 10am here in The Netherlands, while I start working at 8:30. So no opportunity to buy a new one before work! It was the first thing I did when coming out of the office though :-) As for my co-workers: we don't have our own desks, but you can sit anywhere you like. I chose a private office for the day, so I just got laughed at by my boss and nog by anyone else :-)

Top comments

This does razor question. Why don't you have spares?

PoolDeadio 12

Takes a whole new meaning to "shave it for later"

Comments

You should've told everyone you got halfway and couldn't decide; it was so tough you were still thinking about it. Make sure to glance at yourself in a mirror from time to time.

Make sure you have disposables on hand as a backup going forward. Lesson learned.

They have a store called CVS where you can get disposable razors. Ever heard of it?

Ever heard of reading people's follow ups before commenting? Look at #13.

Ever thought that maybe just maybe they don't live in the US, there are other countries, that also have the internet so people from these mysterious other countries can access FML. Not everyone online lives in the US maybe you should think before you type so when you're trying to be funny and clever and sarcastic but instead wind up sounding stupid and assumptive

#29 be an incompetent baby is no excuse #31 while clearly this guy is an amerocentric monster for the audacity of assuming other countries have CVS brand stores. Most countries do have the concept of general stores, and most of those carry razors. also admittedly I haven't been in every country in the world never seen a gas station or grocery store or drug store or quick stops that don't sell them either. so you know, maintain bro/sis or however you identify I feel like I need to make that clear with the likes of you.

#31 I feel I should point out I have no idea what a demisexual is so I do honestly have no idea what term to use gender wise that part may have come off as dismissive and hurtful in my last post and I didn't mean it to come out that way.

Demisexual is basically the same as saying "half-sexual" whatever that means, I just know the prefix Demi

That makes sense I was starting to think it was someone only turned on my demigods.

ChelseaxNoelle20 8

Why couldn't you have made a pit stop and either bought another electric shaver or some disposables?

If you read the OP's follow up at #13 you'll see why.

I'll spare you the need. cliff notes he is a whimp and a man-child.

Just tell them you decided to try and start a trend.

Use a knife. It will at least cut it down fairly even. Idk how long your beard is

LyingBlood 8

that's why you always have a plain razor on hand

Stop by CVS or something and buy a disposable.