By Staying Home Today - 04/03/2014 12:25 - United States - Severn

Today, my driver's-side door was so frozen that the locking mechanism wouldn't move. My passenger-side door's lock worked, but the door itself wouldn't budge. The door handle on the other hand, budged quite well. It budged right off its hinges. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 946
You deserved it 3 785

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you are referring to a lighter (U.S. term). When you said torch, an acetylene welding torch popped into my head...

To thaw the locking mechanism you can use a torch to heat up your key and then put that in the lock

Comments

I wonder how old OP's car is. EDIT: I don't know why this came up as a reply to 1, it won't let me change it.

Do people just not get this? Come on people

put some hand sanitizer on your key, then put it in the lock. It will melt through the ice.

To thaw the locking mechanism you can use a torch to heat up your key and then put that in the lock

I think you are referring to a lighter (U.S. term). When you said torch, an acetylene welding torch popped into my head...

Just don't melt the key or else you now have 2 problems!!

\ 28

The US and European meanings of the word "torch" are literally worlds apart.

DrownedMyFish 18

It's a good thing you cleared that up, 11. When he said torch, I pictured OP holding his key over a fire on a stick of wood.

I meant one of those cheap propane torches you can buy at Walmart. But a lighter will work as well, it'll just take longer.

see two things came to mind for me, a stick with a flammable substance on top and a flashlight.

asnakelovinbabe 16

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Am I the only one who finds that song annoying as ****? Not to mention how overrated the movie is.

I like the song, but I'm so tired of hearing about the movie. It wasn't that great! It seemed like Disney ripped off Wicked.

asnakelovinbabe 16

It really was just okay. I don't get all the hype either.

Sometimes it just pays to stay inside and drink hot chocolate!

If your vehicle has a rear door or hatchback, try entering that way because they are less likely to freeze shut. Then you can push open the front doors which is much easier than trying to pull them open.

I dont't know, one push and the doot may fall off its hinges too

HisHarleyQuinn 14

I'm not sure what kind of vehicle you drive, but my hatchback freezes shut quite frequently. When the water drips down to where the door meets the bumper and freezes, it's nearly impossible to open. Much more difficult than the doors. And my car is 27 years old. And yes, I've broken a frozen door handle.

Gosh, you must have some super strength! You ought to stay at home, sew a fabulous superhero costume, and then go out and help citizens in need with your super power. Or maybe drink some hot chocolate...with marshmallows! Yummy!

That's what you get for going to the outernet!

"Was" is repeated twice in this FML.