By Fox_Undercover - 30/04/2016 20:33 - United States - Wareham

Today, my dentist pulled the wrong tooth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 438
You deserved it 2 953

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is where we get off FML, and call up the attorney. "Accidentally" pulled out the wrong tooth? Fishy.

A tooth for a tooth. It's the only answer.

Comments

Well I'm sure you'll pull the right lawsuit.

gobiteme2 34

Come on everyone the dentist was just practicing for the correct one, everyone should know practice makes perfect.

ulissey_fml 22

Nah, nobody can be that stupid , pull the other one !

redlizzybeth 25

I have had this happen. In my case I had multiple teeth together that needed to be pulled and the one he was supposed to remove was a broken one that was causing a lot of pain. We discussed it and when he got in he pulled the one next to it (It was going to go eventually). When I realized what tooth he pulled (shortly after the numbing agent wore off) we had a chat to find out why it still hurt so bad, he then pulled the correct tooth without charging for it. It was an innocent mistake for me so I wasn't mad.

FellFrmSky 8

I'm in this industry and, sorry folks, that happens a lot more than you'd think. A good assistant should have spotted the mistake before the dentist started prepping to pull. But dentists are very narcissistic and hate to be told they are wrong. Most of them anyway. OP, you definitely shouldn't have been charged. And you are one of the very few patients that get the truth in a situation like this. The patient is usually told the dentist "found something needing treatment" with the tooth they got wrong. They will always try to cover their asses...

you smell that? cuz i do, its a lawsuit

Sorry to hear that OP. Did you at least get a toy or sticker afterwards?

Lol i love in mass as well. What dentist do you go to just so that i never end up there?