By FreakedOut - 31/07/2009 08:03 - United States

Today, my dad told me he was planning to have his steady girlfriend over for dinner. He's only had a few relationships since he and my mom split up when I was very young, so I was excited to meet the woman. He then told me that I knew her already. My dad is dating my aunt on my mothers side. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 096
You deserved it 2 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Could be worse... He could be dating your aunt on HIS side.

That's exactly what I was going to say! Dating your aunt on your father's side would be a lot more scarring... so don't worry too much.

You may as well fetch a banjo and a shotgun and give up all hope.

kawa_fml 0

aw, I feel bad for your dad, it seems like he's still pining for your mom, and is just looking for someone close to her. Not to say he doesn't love your aunt, but still, it could get awkward. I would say just try and be there for your dad, he'll need it.

1. No, it's not. Not even close. 2. Judging by your spelling, there's been some "embreeding" in your family's history.

bethechange lacks basic comprehension skills. It's crazy how whenever there's an FML about family relations, all the prude morons crawl out of the sewers to vomit their stupidity all over the page. (Not you in particular, I mean all of you commenting with "duuur, inbreeding lulzlulz".) UUUURGH, it's painful to read.

Wow... your dad and aunt are terrible people.

Pray tell, why do you think that, little child?

my dad divorced my mom for the purpose of marrying my mothers niece - my cousin on my mothers side. so it could be worse.

Haha! poor you! your family tree is gonna be Awesome ;)

any normal person would have said my mom's sister...! weirdo

djb23 0

ha agreed but see this way she makes it sound like it's about her and not her mom..