By Anonymous - 26/08/2011 04:55 - United States

Today, my dad taught me how to swim. I had to keep doing a lot of strange movements to keep my body floating. While doing that, two 8-year-old girls came and asked me if i needed help getting out of the water. I'm a 20 year old guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 652
You deserved it 8 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Catcherchick94 0

Get yourself some arm floaties! Or next time don't try to practice swimming in a public pool.

Totally reminds me of Dr.Sheldon Cooper who taught himself to swim with the Internet and practiced on the floor in his apartment.

Comments

Catcherchick94 0

Get yourself some arm floaties! Or next time don't try to practice swimming in a public pool.

D37H100 5

Well.. Atleast somebody offered to help right?

What kind of person doesn't know how to swim after the age of 5

je_suis_fml 11
Delannnnnnnnnie 0

Lol, rubber duckies would be a good choice:)

How strange were the movements you were doing?

I think OP is practicing the "Best Stroke" instead of the "Breast Stroke".

That would defiantly make it look like he was struggling to get out of the water.

Iclicked YDI as soon as I saw "I was learning to swim." If you're old enough to use this site, you should be able to swim.

Stonedmanalex 0

What if your whole life you never had the chance to be around a pool of water big enough to even practice

Well then you'd have to be living in the middle of nowhere, because virtually every city has a pool somewhere in it.

slappymojo 0

I don't know how to swim? do u know how to skate and do a kickflip? every community usually have a skatepark unless you live in the middle of nowhere exactly.

Aw it's ok..don't feel so bad..I don't know how to swim either..you're probably better at it then I am.

How the **** do people not know how to swim.

DCFan 9

^^Easy Michael Phelps.. I guess people arn't as perfect as you and your merman body. Take a chill pill and swim a lap, douche bag.

It's not that hard to swim.. Even if you haven't learned how to swim, as you get older it comes more natural.. People who can't swim at that age, well, who knows what they've been doing their whole life.

DCFan 9

...Now your pulling facts out of your ass.

StopDropNRoll 11

I get the same feeling! Cause I know a few people that can't swim and they are 20 and know 3 year olds that can swim and are fairly natural at it

Not all parents taught their kids how to swim..so learn to relax buddy...

cc_the_beast 6

It's a weird thing as an Aussie hearing about adults that can't swim, in AUS EVERYONE knows how to swim. Differences in lifestyle I guess...

A lot of people don't spend enough time around water to need to learn how to swim. I know in my town, most of the public pools closed years ago. There's only one left and not everyone has access to it. I didn't learn how to swim until I was 18 and I didn't start driving lessons until I was 26. Any other milestones I should be tripping over myself to get done, please let me know. I've got LOADS of time to fritter away.

hey 31 I'm from Australia to and I know a few people that don't know how to swim some people never got the chance to learn and some are actually afraid of the water because of it. Op at-least your learning don't listen to the haters better late then never!

Unfortunately not true at all. I have two friends who can't swim at all, and they're both over 23.. I can't even comprehend how their parents could've been so neglectful!

Same as New Zealand, but everyone is different :)

Great, my comment made no sense. How awkward.. But don't be too hard on yourself op I know a lot of people who can't swim & we have a lot of access to water everywhere. Everyone is different :)

dude I'm some fat **** who sits on the couch all day and even I know how to swim it's pretty basic stuff /:

I have a friend, and when he was younger his dad (who is now in jail for other reasons) tried to "teach" him how to swim by throwing him into a lake and leaving him there. He almost drowned. He's completely terrified of water since that incident, and no, he doesn't know how to swim- with a perfectly good reason.

skyeyez9 24

Doing The Napoleon Dynamite dance in the pool wont help you swim.

What the hell does Napoleon have anything to do with this.. Wasn't he from like the 1800's

BelleBelle_fml 11

#13- Either you made an attempt at sarcasm, or you don't get out much.

Attempt at sarcasm. I've watched Napoleon Dynamite many, many times :p

ugottaluvme 0

You stole Flockz picture. That violates all the rules.

Totally reminds me of Dr.Sheldon Cooper who taught himself to swim with the Internet and practiced on the floor in his apartment.

StopDropNRoll 11

Hey he is one of the greatest minds of the 21st century! =P

BaileyBabyBear 6

I know how you feel only that's what happens when I ice skate and I'm like -.-

EGORAPTOR 7

When I swim I doggy paddle lol