By HellCat44 - 26/08/2016 09:59 - United Kingdom - Dartford

Today, my dad is obsessed with making sure that I am not in any way 'bare' in front of the windows of our house. Which is surrounded by tall trees, five metres worth of tall trees. I'm not sure whether to be creeped out that someone might see me or that my dad is unhealthily obsessed about this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 481
You deserved it 1 169

HellCat44 tells us more.

OP, here. Once, I got out of the shower and wrapped myself in a towel. It was hot so I cracked a window to let in fresh air. Somehow that was indecent and I got yelled at, and he's been on my case ever since.

Top comments

Your dad probably saw you, or came very close to seeing you, accidentally when he was outside. Even though it would have been completely innocent he is probably embarrassed that it happened and not able to tell you that it happened. But is now worried that it might happen again and that it will be some creeper next time.

Comments

My mom is the same. Come out in underwear and a tshirt and she freaks out about the windows. Moved out so I can be naked anywhere in my apartment or on the balcony ??

naked on the balcony? you literally inviting problems in your house...

nonsensical 26

It's her house, let her do what she wants. Do you know how liberating it is to be naked anywhere you please?

Not that im trying to prove anyones point or anything, but the next time you'r liberating yourself, if you see the glint of a camera lens, don't be surprised if it gets traced back to the comment you made...or the commenter under you:)

species4872 19

The hills have eyes, and apparently trees also.

My Dad is a bit uncomfortable with it too - he is always telling me to make sure my curtains are shut.

Talis99 26

Your dad is the creepy one. Also, close the curtains when changing. Done.

You paint your dad in a bad light here, but for all we know, you may be a person who likes to press against the windows with their naked body.

if you have to assume someone is lying to make your point, and you have no justification for thinking they're lying, maybe you need to STFU.

As a father myself, I can see where he's coming from. Your dad just wants to make sure you're not being watched. There are perverts out there that may be watching. Maybe he knows more about the people in your neighborhood... It could be many things.

#33 that is definitely a possibility. with our advanced technology he may. a keeping tabs on who lives in or around the area and maybe he saw a registered offender had moved nearby or had just learned how to find those things out and just wants to keep his family safe. I say thumbs up to OP's dad for protecting her now matter how batshit crazy he may come off to her. I think the most dad's with daughters or even sons would do the same thing. I know I would. try to see things from his pov OP.

My dad is similarly weird. After my grandparents moved to a retirement home I moved into their house and my dad was more concerned with people walking into my bedroom than being able to get inside the house. So it was just a given that my family would be entering my house uninvited making it super important that they didn't accidentally walk into my room...

davek 36

Post some pictures taken from outside, and we'll tell you if you're too bare.

Your dad...probably e had an unhealthy dream about hiding his sausage somewhere on your person. Nothing to be alarmed about, just make sure you're wearing the maximum amount of clothing when you're around his freaky ass. Also vocally emphasising how revolting incest is and how harmful a parents preoccupation with their children's gentials can be.