By WPA2 OR DEATH - 07/12/2012 21:49 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, my dad got a warning from our ISP for going well over their fair usage limit. I barely use our wifi, and I keep telling him he should password-protect our router to stop people leeching our Internet. He's blaming me anyway, and says I'm grounded until January. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 732
You deserved it 1 980

Same thing different taste

Top comments

People are always the most stubborn when they're wrong.

WestSoy 9

God damn jerks stealing your wifi

Comments

astralvagan 20

You can install a packet sniffer that will show whoever uses that program what other people are downloading, including their IP address

Really shouldn't work on a home router a they are switched... Unless you are redirecting all traffic to yourself.

florido_fml 10

Or you could password protect your router?

unknown_user5566 26

Does anyone actually read the story before posting a comment anymore?

winkydog4056 16

#16_No, kyleekay, I would say not. They're too busy trying to come up with quality comments to earn their badges of honor. Or, perhaps they DO read the entire post and are just a bunch of stupid morons. I vote for the latter.

Schizomaniac 24

I think the only people who lack reading comprehension are those thumbing down and attempting to make 14 look stupid. He's saying maybe OP should password protect the wifi herself as opposed to just telling her father to do it. Maybe try paying the **** attention to what you're criticizing before you call someone out. People trying to make other people look dumb on this site is irritating.

BlueFlatts 20

I'm with 14 on this one, sometimes you just gotta do things yourself in order to prevent a similar problem from happening again.

Geometric 18

I'd say more technologically illiterate

ideasrule 13

Instead of telling him to password-protect the router, why don't you do it yourself? Force the router to reset to factory default (to get rid of the admin password), log in, and set an encryption key. When your dad complains that his Internet isn't working, "fix" it by entering the key on his computer.

winkydog4056 16

#29_Instead of trying to show off your big words, can you kindy speak English!? Thank you.

36- I know, right? How DARE someone use basic computer terms on a relevant FML! They's betta start speakin in real murican anglish 'round hurr.

wubbazugg 5

Lmfao is anyone else bowled over after reading OPs name?? I love it!

Shadow_Phantom 26

...or change the wi-fi name to "FBI Surveillance Van." All good choices.

winkydog4056 16

Perhaps OP might want to convince dad to increase the usage amount AND pass protect said router.

BlueFlatts 20

Clearly your not reading the FML either like you stated other people weren't doing in comment 23 (under 14 for ref.). She has already tried convincing her father to password protect the router and why would her father increase the usage limit if, as we are all assuming, someone else is stealing their wifi. You'd be paying for wifi usage that your not even using.

I have had it with these mothafuckin theives stealing my mothafuckin wifi

How about he let you configure the router? :P