By poorlyparented - 16/06/2015 12:05 - United States - San Antonio

Spicy
Today, my coworker decided to give me "the talk". I'm 21 and not a virgin, yet most of what she said was new to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 203
You deserved it 5 712

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm interested to know, what was new to you?

Why would your coworker decide to give you the talk? Was it out of the blue? Pretty weird. Sorry you had to experience that, OP. I'm sure they didn't mean any harm...maybe? Personally, I would be pretty uncomfortable in that situation.

Comments

nothing wrong with getting sex advice

leogachi 15

There is something wrong with unsolicited sex advice if you're over 18. Although why you wouldn't want to learn all that you can before you ever have sex is beyond me.

Insert rod A into slot B is the extent of your knowledge?

RedPillSucks 31

And if there's a problem, don't call technical support. She won't want to talk to you.

i'd like to phone a friend instead. Jimmy always knows what to do!

Then maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

I'm guessing OP has the habit of saying things that suggest they don't know that much about sex. Enough that a co-worker thought it best to explain a few things.

If most of it was new to you, either your coworker is batshit insane or you should still be a virgin.

That's crap - OP lives in Texas, unless they've spent a serious amount of time reading about sex on the internet they've probably had zero opportunity to learn this stuff.

I'm curious as to how this discussion started.

Well maybe with your next partner you can put those things to work

And this is why we need sex-ed in schools as opposed to LEARN FROM YOUR PARENTS and ABSTINENCE ONLY.

I had sex ed in school. It teaches where babies come from, not what shenennagins are and are not good ideas.

Which is kinda the problem. We don't just need to know the absolute basics on how kids are made and what menstruation is, but also how to actually have good, consensual sex.

leogachi 15

You really need to learn how to have good sex on your own because different people like different things. Consensual sex, though, should be taught in school because too many people don't know what it means.

You should learn the biology and mechanics in school, as well as prevention of STI, unwanted pregnancy, what consent is, and just importantly what consent /isn't/, how to put on a condom, how to take off a condom, etc. It should also be a safe place for the kids to ask their legitimate questions and get straight unbiased honest answers. The questions the kids ask are the things the kids want to know. Telling them 'Ask your parents' or 'We only teach abstinence' is a cop-out. How many kids at that age are comfortable asking their parents about specific sex acts? That sort of cop-out will lead many of them to do half-assed research on the internet or expect **** to be a reasonable facsimile of what sex is. The movie 'Sex Ed' on netflix is a pretty good starting point for what sex-ed should look like in a modern school.

How to prevent unwanted pregnancies: Step 1: Don't have intercourse with a member of the opposite sex.

take any advice you can get then verify it