By Justus Buhler - 03/03/2017 02:00

Today, my girlfriend told me that she had to go to New Hampshire for a few days for her grandma's funeral. Later I found out she spent over $1,000 dollars (on our joint account) to take a vacation with the man she was cheating on me with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 457
You deserved it 714

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jcash52426 5

Take out half the money plus $1000 take your name off the account and put in in a new one then chance the locks on your house/apt and tell her to stay the **** out of your life

How dare she use her grandmother's big death as excuse to get many little deaths of her own from some other bloke!

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
species4872 19

And the dish ran away with the spoon.

My guess is that the FML was originally posted with ambiguous phrasing, #1 posted their comment, and then the wording was changed just in time to confuse us all.

Bookworm1315 13

Why do you have a joint account with someone you aren't married to?

lilchica22001 22

Wow... I was unaware we all traveled back in time to the 1940's! Lots of couples now a days have joint bank accounts without ever getting married.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Never get a joint account unless your married. Not a judgment just some advice. If things go sideways it's hell to get rectified.

my significant other and I shared funding from the time we shared. living space. there's nothing wrong with it and it actually makes life easier when both parties are honest. Asking why is like Ayung we ahouldntive together or have sex before marriage.

don't know why I can't edit. Saying we shouldn't l is what's supposed to be there. I have no idea why there's a k in the word.

How dare she use her grandmother's big death as excuse to get many little deaths of her own from some other bloke!

jcash52426 5

Take out half the money plus $1000 take your name off the account and put in in a new one then chance the locks on your house/apt and tell her to stay the **** out of your life

You're too nice. I'd take out all the money.

I understand wanting to take out all the money because you're angry. But that's still stealing and she can probably take legal action against you which only prolongs her time in your life. Give her what's hers, take what's yours, and be done with it.

Just because it's a joint account doesn't mean it's her money. He may have been the one who put most of the money into the account.

HEnRyEdwardsIII 15

I believe in a joint account they are both entitled to 100%

HEnRyEdwardsIII 15

I believe in a joint account they are both entitled to 100%

Bitch would be financially broke when she gets back.... account balances $. 01 I hope you don't have kids, and you can have a clean break...

#1 Close out any joint accounts. #2 Put her ass out on the curb.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Sure hope you can cancel the transactions are in some way withdraw what's needed to cover it and take your name off before they go through...

Question? Why didn't you join her? I mean, if my partners grandma would die I would go to the funeral also. And she lives in a complete other continent even. Sorry for your being cheated on but that excuse should not have given hean a option to sneak out and cheat on you.

This is why you don't have joint accounts. Because people are for the most part lying, cheating and generally unpleasant *****.

species4872 19