By college0001 - 20/01/2016 06:06 - United States - Burlington

Today, my college roommate tried to kick me out, because what I say makes her uncomfortable. We haven't talked for 3 months. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 832
You deserved it 1 835

Same thing different taste

Comments

Goblin182 26

Its not what you don't say, its how you don't say it.

That's quite an accomplishment not to speak to someone you live with for that long.

Maybe she heard you talking to someone else and that conversation made her uncomfortable

Silence speaks louder than words, don't ya know?

Maybe she was referring to 'what you say' on the internet.

Maybe the silence is what makes her uncomfortable. Try to befriend your roommate since you'll be living with them for the semester.

She can't kick you out if you're on the rental agreement but if she's harassing you, you can make a formal complaint to any tenancy branch that deals with renter agreement/dispute type issues and just explain to them she affects your daily enjoyment of the rental spca, and is attempting to bar you from the apartment which is illegal. She sounds like a head case.

I think that she's trying to say that the silence is deafening.

How can you not talk to your room mate? You two need to sit down and either work it out or come up with an exit strategy. Nobody wants live in silence, walking on eggshells.

leogachi 15

@26 Living in silence doesn't necessarily mean walking on egg shells. Maybe Op considered it to be a comfortable silence. If the roommate didn't, she should have said something.