By fretting - 08/09/2016 17:02 - United States - Fort White

Today, my co-worker, who used to be in a frat with me in college, decided to tell all my coworkers as well as my boss all the stupid things I did in college, starting with the time a girl stole my clothes and I had to walk across campus naked. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 068
You deserved it 1 751

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should turn it into a sharing party by telling them stories yourself and ask who else has fun stupid stories. Maybe that will deflate the situation.

Do the exact same thing right back at him, see how he likes it.

Comments

silverbane27 13

Don't believe this story. A brother in a fraternity would never call it a " frat" that's a disrespectful term. Also a brother would never let one of his brothers go through that shame. They have to uphold the dignity of their fraternity. Now maybe you were T a fraternity party but definitely not a brother.

They're frat bros, not combat veterans. I get the whole honor thing gets tossed around, but most reasonable people don't take that frat honor stuff as serious as you do.

I have a hard time putting together the word "honor" with fraternities that make people swallow live animals, drink themselves halfway into comas, tress pass, and risk getting kicked out of the college for the sake of joining. What part of that is "honorable", exactly?

I'm a little thrown by the fact that his starting point was you having to walk across campus in the nude because someone stole your clothes. How exactly does that count as a stupid thing "you" did? Sounds to me like you weren't given much choice, in that particular case.

I would either explain that you don't appreciate those things being told, which actually has worked for me because it made them uncomfortable to be called out on it, or I would embrace it. Depending on the job and my position.

I would explain that friend down and explain you don't want him telling stories like that to coworkers. He must not know how to keep work and a private live separate.

Dranwyn 5

I would honestly tell a few stories I knew about him. Usually that will shit a guy up faster than yanking on his balls.

Do the same to them or make stuff up if they didn't do bad things.