By Anonymous - 13/02/2010 08:47 - United States

Today, my brother's home for his annual visit, lectures my parents once about their eating habits. They promptly throw away all of their junk food. I'm there every Sunday, and have been telling them to eat healthier for medical reasons. They never listen. He's in sales, and I'm in med school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 954
You deserved it 3 081

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

He has charisma, you don't. Med school is right for you -- you can make tons of money even if you have no personality.

Don't make a big deal out of it. Maybe they just threw away the junk food to make their son feel better, since they see him so rarely. But that doesn't mean they'll suddenly change their eating habits just because of a speech. And if they actually do, you should be happy they're eating healthier.

Comments

I guess he's in sales for a reason then...

boatkicker 4

Salespeople get paid to convince people to convince people things. He's had practice getting people to do (or buy?) things they wouldn't do otherwise. It's not a big deal. You do the things that you're good at, and he will do the things that he's good at.

Mx_Rider 6

Oh no my parents listened to my brother and not me whaaaaa?!

uh salesman? he's convincing you're just the bad news messanger

stop complaining they are eating healthier now. besides maybe they did it because him saying the same thing as you confirmed in their minds that they did indeed need to eat healthier... or they hate you

imperfectclarity 0

I wish I had a salesman brother to convince MY parents to eat healthier.

skyshark 0

yeah, FYL, you're in med school with the possibilty of leading a very rich and successful life, all while screwing all the nurses who think they're actually going to have more than a one night stand. FYL.

Ajjas013 6

It's called a a lesbian. And some nurses are males.

someone's be watching too much Grey's Anatomy...

Oh please, we all know #24 meant female nurses and assumed the OP was a heteosexual man.

RKftw 0

you; junk food can lead to a very hard unhealthy life. junk food clogs your arteries and will lead to heart cancer. brother: if you eat junk food, YOU WILL DIE.

Hiropon 0

He dumbed it down a little for the mindfucked parents. ^o^