By Anonymous - 13/02/2010 08:47 - United States

Today, my brother's home for his annual visit, lectures my parents once about their eating habits. They promptly throw away all of their junk food. I'm there every Sunday, and have been telling them to eat healthier for medical reasons. They never listen. He's in sales, and I'm in med school. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 954
You deserved it 3 081

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

He has charisma, you don't. Med school is right for you -- you can make tons of money even if you have no personality.

Don't make a big deal out of it. Maybe they just threw away the junk food to make their son feel better, since they see him so rarely. But that doesn't mean they'll suddenly change their eating habits just because of a speech. And if they actually do, you should be happy they're eating healthier.

Comments

We can already see who is more successful in life, i.e. their chosen professions.

Yeah, I was going to say - that says more about his salesmanship than your medical expertise. I mean, there's some reason why ineffective herbal remedies and as-seen-on-TV cures sell...

milf20 0

this is a pointless FML... you're retarded.

thacrazynative 0

YDI. I would not respect a "med student" who can not even create a logical statement.

noobgang7 5

how is this an fml.. u really need the bragging rights about saving your parents health?

I have the same issue with my family but different subject. I've worked in cust care for a major cell phone company and noone in my family will take my advice about saving money on their monthly bill.

People ignore doctors all the time, and people buy things all the time, too.

stormin972 0

stupid parents. apparently its a world wide epidemic.

Someone pursuing an advanced degree should have much better grammar.

The only FML is that you didn't know people listen to salespeople and advertising and they don't listen to doctors. DUH! The surgeon general's warning is on every pack of cigarettes... but people keep buying them! If you think it's important that people "listen to you", you've chosen the wrong career path. Go for a degree in marketing instead.