By Twix88 - 19/02/2014 11:00 - United States - Huntsville

Today, my brother and I took our cars to get oil changes. While we were there, a guy asked if we were dating. When we told him we were siblings, he responded with, "So?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 194
You deserved it 4 373

Twix88 tells us more.

This is my FML. This did happen in Alabama. Sadly, I don't think this guy was kidding at all, although, he was obviously tweaking pretty hard so that may have played a role. He didn't work there he was just another customer. The dude actually brought it up twice. After the second time my brother ditched me and went outside to get away from him and left me to sit with the creep. However, shortly after I got the last laugh when he followed my brother outside to pester him again.

Top comments

I feel like we need to know what State this happened in.

Umm I live in Texas and it's still abnormal to date family here too...

Comments

Ahhh don't you just love Texas!! I'm assuming it is of course...

It's actually Alabama. Check on the website dick.

Umm I live in Texas and it's still abnormal to date family here too...

Gingerette 8

Pretty sure the only place where that's half normal is Arkansas...

You're mixing up your stereotypes, 1. Incest being common is a stereotype of Alabama, not Texas. I'm not saying the stereotype is true in Alabama either.

I actually thought that West Virginia was the state with the stereotype of incest...

Such win. With that comment only texans or west Virginias would down vote

Cadillac4427 8

absolutely loved your comments(#55, #56 and #81) ! lmao

I'm British and that 'stereotype' is usually generalised to all southern states...I'm just sat here drinking tea and considering better dental care.

buttcramp 21

I'm a Texan and just so you know we are responsible for a majority of the nations profits due to our medical centers, oil, etc. we aren't all hillbillies down here. I don't even own a gun, horse, dog, or boots. I do however, have a chef and restaurant manager for a husband, a brilliant toddler, and I work as a diagnostic ECG/ EKG technician. I'd say that's a pretty normal family (oh, and we weren't related prior to marriage)

arandomusernameaa 20

You can add racism to that list too! Have a good day mam

#102 That story was so thrilling I felt like I was actually there...wow...that just...that just blew my mind!!

mary_13 26

You'r comment is my favorite.lol

equitationbound 22

Thanks for the life story, 102.

kittykat1501 31

I feel like we need to know what State this happened in.

Yeah, 12. Same here. I don't see AL anywhere.

Baustigt was making a joke by perpetuating the Southern incest stereotype.

And here I thought Baustigt was trying to be clever. The app does not display the state.

Ha! I already gave you my driver's license, and I'm not making that mistake again. Do you know how many private security guards I had to hire when I saw you stalking me? That kind of security ain't cheap, you know.

Huh, I figured it was on the website. Go figure that it was Alabama...

crazytwinsmom 25

My phone app used to show the state but hasn't since I updated the app.

crazytwinsmom 25

It says Alabama on the post. So we shouldn't be surprised then...*queue banjo playing*

Alan, how much power does FML staff have? If somebody talks shit to you can you ban them or something? This is serious, I'm just wondering.

It says Alabama in the description so It was probably there?? I can't say 100% of course :)

29: I figure you like the word figure. :)

Waaw! You don't wanna know about his household for sure!

Redoxx_fml 22

Can't wait for this season to start.. Even my exams will be over! I'm excited just thinking about last season's ending!

And that is metaphorically related how?

Goin out a limb here and saying, maybe he meant "oil" to mean "mindset"? C'mo, dude, back me up...

Don't know how that's related, but oil change in Blue Mountain State.. messed up..

I thought it was more like his "brain oil." So he's saying he needs his "oil" changed to make his brain run better? That he isn't quite alright in the head? But that doesn't really make sense either. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Maybe asking if you're dating is some kind of code meaning 'i need my oil changed' and this guy recognized the code

I'm getting a vibe that you live in the south...

He was just wishing you luck on your "family outing." Maybe he wanted to role play as the father in a freaky 3 way? He obviously saw you weren't getting any, so he was letting you both know of an alternative? I got nothing.

Maybe you didn't catch the rest of his statement. "so...you're not." Ehh, I'd probably find somewhere else to get my oil changed.

Because every time I saw that guy, I'd remember that horrifying moment of someone implying me and my brother should date? I dont know. Don't ask me questions that I don't really have an answer for. You don't know me and my life! :p lol.

Well at least we know this guy doesn't have a problem with gays..or incest.

Nightheated 8

Annoying "you must be from the south" Stereotype comments.

Being from the South, I approve this message.

That awkward moment when OP is in the South...

Well I'm not from here, but do sadly live here.

that awkward moment where in southern states, incest had to be criminalized...