By bewitched and bothered - 02/02/2009 13:25 - United States

Today, my boyfriend went into great detail over the Tiffany's jewelry he painstakingly selected for his previous girlfriends on their birthday. I got hand towels. In powder blue. From Target. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 495
You deserved it 2 620

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alwaysalady 0

On our first Christmas together, my husband gave me a cheese grater. When I asked him why, he said, "You said you needed one. " Did you mention you needed something like that? Cause that's how men think. I need= splendid, fail proof gift.

um, who gives their gf hand towels for her birthday?

Comments

siobhan1313 0

Boys, imagine if your girlfriend talked about all the crazy sex she had with her ex boyfriends, but was only interested in boring missionary with the lights off with you. Or how she would always cook them awesome steak dinners and you're lucky to get a pot of no-name mac and cheese out of her. The point isn't that he isn't buying her expensive gifts, it's that he is highlighting the fact that he treated his ex-es better than he treats her.

my boyfriend used to buy his ex Tiffany too, and he bought me this ring that wasn't even sterling silver and gave me allergies. I always bring it up though, he says he had more money back then. if he could create money for it then, he should be able to now. i can never let this go, it means so much more than what it costs. it means im not as worthy as she was... which is pure bullshit cause shes not my toe nail. brb as i go kick him in his sleep

Uhmmmm.. Maybe he had a better job back then? You're kinda ungrateful, even if he could have done better. Poor guy, making him feel like crap bc he doesn't have as much money. No one deserves that.

You're sounding a bit psychotic there.

DO HIM NOW!!! Where else will you find such a great man?

UWBeautyQueen12 0

Okay, so he bought his other girlfriends jewelry while you got towels. Personally, I'd be more pissed that he was going on and on about it and rubbing it in. I don't know what the point of highlighting his cheapness with you would be.

jmart110 0

why would he even mention that! what a insensitive jerk!!! FYL

Really? First, how long have they been dating? Maybe he was dating his other girlfriends longer before he bought them jewelry. Second, if she dumps him because he didn't get her diamonds for her birthday than **** that hoe, he's better off.

redrovaa 0

Why was he telling you what he got his ex's on your birthday? That's the bad part in my point of view...