By Now What - 08/09/2016 17:04 - United States - South Otselic

Today, my boyfriend told me he only loves me sometimes. He explained what days he chooses to love me and what days he doesn't want to. I told him that's not how it works. He disagreed. He's 27. He still doesn't understand why this is a problem. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 838
You deserved it 1 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This reminds me of that YouTube kid who says he only likes his mommy when she gives him cookies. I think your boyfriend may actually be a two-year-old.

He sounds like an excessively spoilt child. I doubt whether talking will help much, he seems to be stubborn too. If he wants to act like a child treat him like one. I don't mean for you to physically discipline him, but you need to show him that he can't always get what he wants.

Comments

How did you not walk straight out the door when he said that? That seriously sounds like a waste of time.

You sure your boyfriend isn't just a couple kids in a long coat?

njaminami0 7

Sounds like you have the Prestige (movie) kind of situation on your hands

The fact he can decide which days to love you makes me wonder if there isn't something else that makes those decisions for him (ie another woman). And what kind of fool thinks that makes sense?

Mathalamus 24

actually, it shows that he is capable of manipulating his own feelings on a level more advanced than anything i can do. but, choosing which days to love you or not is a serious misuse of his ability. or, its more likely that he does love you every day, but denies it in some days for some unholy reason. its probably this one.

It's not a problem - for him anyway - since he thinks like this and you're still his girlfriend.

Your boyfriend sounds like a moron...is the warranty still going? I suggest getting him replaced for a smarter version

I'm not usually one to jump on the "dump his ass" bandwagon, but this time I think it's justified.

Urpoppy 21

Maybe you should look for someone with a little more emotional intelligence.