By StillAVirgin - 17/10/2016 15:23 - Denmark

Today, my boyfriend said, "One day I'll tell my children how I met you. I mean, our children." It's pretty cute, except for the fact that we're 17 and have been dating for only two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 735
You deserved it 1 240

Same thing different taste

Comments

Yeah, definitely. At first I thought he was gonna say that he'd tell the story to his kids with another wife. I guess this is better.

its not a good time to show commiment.

21, showing commitment at the beginning of a relationship is great.

Have no clue why you put that as your username. It's not shameful to be a virgin at 17... I like how he's showing his commitment to you, but you should make it clear that the comment made you feel uncomfortable, especially considering you'd still be seeing if you're compatible with one another, and marriage then kids would be way down the line. If you don't set it straight now, he may suggest marriage after only a month. Good luck OP.

dannidoll93 24

Maybe she put "still a virgin" to clarify just how far away she was from thinking about having kids with the guy

Until your grandmother starts questioning whether you put out enough.

Maybe it wasn't out of shame - they could be proud of it, in which case yay for them :D

Iwannarock1 19

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
dannidoll93 24

Red flag for clingy/obsessive behaviour in my opinion. Maybe have a little chat about boundaries and appropriate time-frames to talk about those kind of subjects, before it becomes a problem.

I don't think it's immediately is a red flag. He's young, he's in love and just wants to show her that he really likes her. Maybe this wasn't the right way to show it, but I'm sure he means it well

I think when young/unexperienced, it's normal to get very attached and express things weirdly. It's like how kids randomly confess their undying love to the crush they barely know. Works when both are at the same lvl of feelings, but can be jarring otherwise. Don't think it's really a red-flag, but agree a talk would be good.

Or, option 3, he really likes OP and doesn't have much experience with relationships, so he's saying what he thinks is the "right thing" to make OP happy. I've known a few people who have done this. Sometimes a talk expressing that you want the other person to be genuine rather than saying "the right thing" is all it takes to stop over the top professions of love.

godspeedkills 8

BEWARE! STAGE FIVE CLINGER ALERT!

polsen4273 8

Hehe, the morons on this site probably don't even get your reference.

"And that kids, is how I met your mother"

I think the boyfriend must have just discovered that show. That would explain this FML.

You should try to run away from this one, but I doubt he'll let you. Never do any 50 Shades crap with him -- you might never get out of the dungeon.

Wow he certainly likes to get down to business, you need to tell him to calm down