By Anonymous - 12/11/2013 19:12 - Canada

Today, my boyfriend's ex moved into the apartment beneath us. She's already called the cops on us for a noise complaint twice. We were sleeping. It's going to be a long year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 558
You deserved it 2 755

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Get a restraining order on that crazy bitch. :/ you shouldn't have to put up with that shit.

Maybe she's jealous because she thinks you and her ex-boyfriend are doing a little more than sleeping... (;

Comments

Ow, that sucks. Having lived above a sphycho bitch who wanted to make my life hell in the past, I can feel your pain. The best payback is to make sure she sees (and hears) how happy you two are and how little she effects you (even if she does). Try to befriend the neighbors before she does too.

Somebody mentioned writing stuff down. We did that too for two years. it was a gigantic documant!! In the end it got us out of our contract so we could move without additional cost but it might help if you end up in court too.

If you're talking to me, yeah we did. Renters apparently have next to no rights in this state though. (Landlord/HOA wouldn't/couldn't do anything) Our choices were to pay a small fortune to get a lawyer on her or just move and leave her to stew in her own bitter hatred. We did the latter :)

They should start enforcing some type of fine for people who call the police for small things that could be solved without there help. It's true what you said. While they are somewhere responding over something completely not worth there time, someone could be in serious trouble. For example, my brother got a cut over his eye and was bleeding really badly. Although we could of called and ambulance, we just drove him to the hospital because we know there is more serious stuff the paramedics need to attend to. People don't think about these things, which is really selfish.

Get a camera system that also records sound place it everywhere but private areas. Make sure it is closed circuit. Next time she does that show the cops you have been sleeping for the past XX hours. File charges for false reports. Profit.

Have very loud sex and then leave the apartment bow legged.

Evilscorpion891 3

Wow, I can't imagine the outrage that would occur if a man did what this woman is doing. Unbelievably selfish of her. You should do what others have said, document all the incidents, then get a restraining order. Once that happens, show you landlord that and try to have her kicked out. If you don't strike first, she will. Vindictive women like this don't stop, they just continue to escalate until they get what they want. Get her before she lies and gets you all in some legal trouble that could ruin your life. She might even lie about a rape. Who knows what she's capable of?

this sounds crazy but keep an audio recorder going whenever you are home. then when cops come play it back for them. then ask if the can charge her with harassment and filing a false police report

Well clearly she's going nowhere. I would move, it beats having a crazy live that close to you plus she'll look real stupid calling the cops when nobody lives there anymore

Moving would be nice, but you usually have to sign a one-year contract for an apartment. If it gets worse though, I would definitely suggest sub-letting it.

mirandaalex 4

I'd watch out for her! She may have a plan to get him back.