Merry Christmas

By Jules - 23/12/2020 11:01 - Germany

Today, I'm unemployed and just had to move. My country’s unemployment agency considers that the ideal moment to invite me for a talk about my job search activities is smack dab in the middle of Christmas vacation, while I’m still busy unpacking moving boxes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 730
You deserved it 161

Same thing different taste

Spiralling out of control

By Anonymous - 18/12/2023 03:00 - United States - Swartz Creek

Today, I was told a job offer that would've changed my life had been taken back, due to one part in the onboarding process. I’ve already sold my car, ended the lease to my apartment, and purchased a non refundable plane ticket. With little to no money and the Christmas break coming soon, I feel like I’m going to die with no backup plan. FML
I agree, your life sucks 624
You deserved it 156

Top comments

How inconvenient that in order to receive unemployment compensation you have to be willing to look for a job. OP, suck it up and work around the schedule. It’s one day, do you think one day is going to keep you from being able to unpack? Be glad you got the interview scheduled.

Comments

Exactly this; Unless it's the one where they talk to you about your activities of TRYING to look to update your file and you still haven't found. (Unemployment offices have to keep tabs so you can keep getting your benefits) Either way OP, you want a job or want to keep your benefits? GO to the appointment!

They never invite you to talk about a job offer; those are sent via mail. If they invite you in, it's because they have to tick a box that says that they have talked to you every so-and-so many months. I usually goes "How many jobs have you applied to in the last weeks? Did anything change? See you in 6 months." Also, you have a right to take a vacation even when on unemployment money, but you need to tell them in advance (maybe OP forgot that).

Well of course, everyone deserves a vacation, but if you didn't let them know dates thats on OP. I was also covering the base of an unemployment office, as I've heard people confuse employment office(placement agency) with UNemployment office, and actually meaning the opposite.

How inconvenient that in order to receive unemployment compensation you have to be willing to look for a job. OP, suck it up and work around the schedule. It’s one day, do you think one day is going to keep you from being able to unpack? Be glad you got the interview scheduled.

geerod 15

Your wording is even suspicious! Christmas vacation? You’re unemployed and should always be open to finding a job!