By anon - 20/08/2012 05:00 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, my boyfriend got a hotel room with a jacuzzi, drinks, and tickets to Six Flags for my birthday. He is currently passed out drunk on the other side of the bed, cursing me out in his sleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 682
You deserved it 2 662

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That isn't a bad attempt OP, he obviously spent a lot of money on you which shows he cares. He's just a bad drunk.

Steve95401 49

Your boyfriend sounds like a real winner.

Comments

astralvagan 20

Yes, because infidelity is always the solution for a drunken inconsiderate husband, right? Man do I feel sorry for your spouse!

I agree with #36. But you have to think about it, everybody has their own opinions and views it doesn't mean one is more or less mature than another.

I would get the "what a jerk move" or "wow.... Thanks..." But these people are going as far as saying ditch him and go with another dude or a friend, or breaking up with him. Sure it's opinion, but an over dramatic and selfish one. It's the thought that counts

Are you OP's boyfriend? You seem really bent in defending him, even if your explanation makes zero sense.

He's probably been the drunk boyfriend before and is trying to defend his actions

Toss him out in the safari park, and keep going!

The_F3rris 11

Drinking ruins everything (usually)

If you think drinking ruins everything, then you obviously don't hang around people with self control. There is nothing wrong with having a couple of drinks, but there is something wrong with drinking so much you pass out and start cussing at your girlfriend on her birthday.

And when you're drinking, you start with a buzz at some point. Unless OP's boyfriend has absolutely zero tolerance for alcohol, he would notice and stop drinking. I got really drunk once. I drank til 3am in italy. It was stupid. I was stupid. I was sixteen(18 isnt much better) and now I never drink that much, and I don't drink beyond a slight buzz if I'm doing something for my boyfriend and want my wits about me. If I can learn why can't OP's bf?

KiddNYC1O 20

42- Yeah, if you drink like Snooki.

yeah your life will never be the same again....

Seems like your boyfriend doesn't know his limit. Hopefully he'll live and learn. A drink or two to celebrate your birthday is fine but him getting passed out drunk, especially when you still had further plans to continue your celebration? WTF I'm sure he meant well. Those hotels with a jacuzzi aren't cheap. Sorry he ruined your day.

Well that's an awkward situation. I hope you at least have fun at 6 flags to make it all up.

pcentral 17

Lock him out on the balcony. Or in the hallway. And then enjoy the hotel room and jacuzzi! :)

Let him be drunk if he wants to and go out and get on the rides yourself! There's no need to waste your birthday and the tickets just because your boyfriend decided to be selfish.