By Raven3434 - 27/09/2009 18:33 - United States

Today, my boyfriend found out that he has kidney failure. He was feeling sick for a few weeks and I had told him to drink lots of fluids and eat vegetables. Apparently that is really bad for kidney patients. I was killing him with water and spinach salads. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 619
You deserved it 11 271

Raven3434 tells us more.

Just to put it out there, he had complete kidney failure. He is now on dialysis. His kidneys are toast and he needs a transplant. Apparently it was caused by years of high blood pressure. His kidneys were in trouble before we even met. And I had been encouraging him to go to the doctor. He had seen a few doctors, but nobody diagnosed him until his lungs were full of fluid. He can't drink too much fluid because he can't get rid of it without dialysis. He cant eat too many fruits or vegetables because he can't process out the extra phosphate and potassium. He also has to limit his sodium, but that wasn't part of my original post. Just wanted to clarify things. Thanks to all of you out there who offered support. Its been a really hard time.

Top comments

it not your fault, in normal circumstances, that's a good thing

You must feel like shit. FYL. But it's not your fault.

Comments

Aww. Don't worry you were trying to help out. Maybe next time you should research or find out how to help him the correct way. I hope he feels better. But you did the right thing for trying to help him. You are a wonderful girlfriend to do so. =)

#1 you're an assclown I hope the doctor misdiagnoses you. All she did was try to help out and give him sound advice for most illnesses. FYL OP, don't feel too bad!

T6DriverKEND 0

So shes a dumb bitch for caring for him and trying to help, and he's totally absolved, regardless that he didn't think to go see a doctor for weeks? Dick thing to say.

ruckerpark364 0

havent u ever heard vegetables kill?!?!

CDS09 0

1 shut up, OP don't feel bad, you were trying to help and you aren't a doctor.

RubixMonkey 0

I am not sure if he found out he had kidney failure before or after OP gave bad advice. It is both their faults, if you feel terrible for more than four days then you should seek medical help. If the boyfriend had done the right thing and taken control of his own body then OP wouldn't have been killing him.

How in the ******* world do you have any clue when or how OPs BF found out his kidneys were failing? Oh right, you have no goddamn idea.

Achall91 17

Not really anyone's fault. OP had good advice for most sicknesses, it just turned out rotten in this case. And as for the boyfriend, some people just feel its best to "tough it out" or maybe he didn't want to go to the doctor because he couldn't afford it?

You were just trying to help him. You are really sweet 4 doing that. You didn't no he had kidney failure. Don't worry!!!! FYL!

It's important to remember, OP is not a doctor and probably can't identify kidney failure, which is relatively rare, and went with a common solution of increasing vitamins and increased fluids which can help a person's general health. Drinking lots of fluids is helpful for most injuries and sicknesses, in fact it can help prevent the problem; though its bad to go overboard with anything.