By Raven3434 - 27/09/2009 18:33 - United States

Today, my boyfriend found out that he has kidney failure. He was feeling sick for a few weeks and I had told him to drink lots of fluids and eat vegetables. Apparently that is really bad for kidney patients. I was killing him with water and spinach salads. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 620
You deserved it 11 271

Raven3434 tells us more.

Just to put it out there, he had complete kidney failure. He is now on dialysis. His kidneys are toast and he needs a transplant. Apparently it was caused by years of high blood pressure. His kidneys were in trouble before we even met. And I had been encouraging him to go to the doctor. He had seen a few doctors, but nobody diagnosed him until his lungs were full of fluid. He can't drink too much fluid because he can't get rid of it without dialysis. He cant eat too many fruits or vegetables because he can't process out the extra phosphate and potassium. He also has to limit his sodium, but that wasn't part of my original post. Just wanted to clarify things. Thanks to all of you out there who offered support. Its been a really hard time.

Top comments

it not your fault, in normal circumstances, that's a good thing

You must feel like shit. FYL. But it's not your fault.

Comments

Oh... you poor baby. :-(. That must have felt so bad. Don't worry hon. It'll get better. I'm sure he and his doctor know that you had only the best intentions.

Yeah lots of leafy greens,especially spinach, can cause kidney stones.

I say you deserved it because you should have talked to his doctor or done some research before giving him lots of anything. Fyl because you were just trying to help.

>.< maybe have another update??? Is he doing better??? I'm so sorry you had to go through this :(

dannnngthatsux 19

Greens= oxalic acids, oxalic acids make stores.

yeah we went through that with my grandmother. The doctor said to force fluids and that she was dehydrated. we ended up putting her in the hospital with congestive heart failure. I felt awful. I hope he finds a donor soon hang in there. Staying with him is very awesome.