By toonice - 17/07/2014 20:48 - United States - Eugene

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me because I'm too nice. Apparently, me being nice to him makes him feel guilty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 713
You deserved it 4 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DesiBoyz 14

He obviously has sumthing to be guilty of

Good, now you can find someone who is just as nice :).

Comments

Sorry OP, maybe you can find somebody just as nice as you :)

Corvo_Attano_4 12

Gf: "Hey sweetie, I stopped on my way home to get you something" Bf: "Just leave me alone!" *Runs into room and locks himself in

salvorican 24

You got dumped for being too nice? That's like saying no to a bacon double cheeseburger because it's TOO good. He may be eating the fries on the side, but he's going to realize he needs the bacon double cheeseburger. But you're TOO good for him OP. When he runs back to you make him starve.

Damn it. Now I have to go and get a double bacon and cheese burger with fries.

What a delicious analogy.. Damn you #13, Now i'm hungry!

alright all these comments are about her use of words and food.

Why do women always assume when they break up that the man will realize that she was the best thing to ever happen to him, and he'll come running back? And then he never comes back, and they get depressed, and they find him on Facebook with a wife and kids, while they're still single, waiting for him to come back.

Seems like he made that up because he didn't want to be honest about why he really broke up

Either that, or he's got a serious guilt complex.

juturnaamo 29

I could see that. Too nice could easily be code for too clingy, for instance.

Axel5238 29

I had an ex that was too nice and part of that was she was also clingy. Always wanted to spend time together which got to be problematic because she didn't get I couldn't stay up late ( got up for work at 6) or stay up till 4 on the weekends regularly. Current gf likes to by me stuff. It's nice, but she doesn't work right now and buying stuff we don't need even though it's nice is making it very difficult. They don't see how something good can also be bad.

He was cheating hun, no one feels guilty for no reason and he must've felt guilty that you were so nice to him after he did something horrible to you which was most likely sleeping with someone else.

flame5768 14

when someone breaks up with a girl, and it means they're cheating? the answer is no. feeling guilty or not, it doesn't mean he cheated. it could be small things like charity, not spending time with family or the like. but you go straight to cheating.you know, if someone cheated on you it doesn't mean everyone is a cheater right? honestly people like you need to stop jumping to conclusions. and that goes for everyone saying he cheated. sorry for the re-post, i feel you deserve it more.

Was he just saying "You're too good for me?"

XxXBadAshXxX 27

Maybe he's actually guilty of something and you being nice to him makes him feel worse.

I'm sorry OP :( I have the same problem. I hope that whether you two stay together or not, you can be happy!

"Too nice" does that mean you're a push over? Although I enjoy being around nice sweet people but when it comes to dating someone, I want someone that's my equal and can also challenge me. This does not mean dating an asshole but someone with the same temperament where I can be myself (especially when I'm in a crummy mood) and not worry about hurting his feelings.