By ThanksMom - 02/06/2009 12:06 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and parents went out to dinner. As we started the meal, my boyfriend proposed and the restaurant burst into applause. My mother said without hesitation and a large scowl, "If you say yes, I'm leaving." FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 190
You deserved it 4 359

ThanksMom tells us more.

Hi, FMLer here. The reason my mother said that was because she wanted me to get back together with my first boyfriend, though I've been with my new fiance for 5 years. She never got over me leaving my first and never accepted anyone after. And as you might have noticed in my previous paragraph- I said yes! (And by the way, my father told my mother if she leaves, he'd stay and wouldnt give her the car keys. ;) )

Top comments

Dude your mom sucks if she would do that in public... Seriously FYL... So what was you answer??? :p

Comments

Hermyoni 0

Your mother wouldn't of agreed to go to dinner with him if she thought he was a horrible person. She probably assumed you were dating him until you traded up for something more suitable. Either way I hope you didn't let your mother's horribly inappropriate comments sway you from answering yes *assuming you were* and good luck seems like your gonna need it.

meddude 0

your mom's a bitch. ask her what she was thinking and what she sees so wrong. if it's the typical "you could do so much better", she's probably jealous and you should tell her to **** off. that's my opinion. #12: are you in the wrong FML or are you stupid?

I probably would have said yes just to piss her off. :) But, then again, is she right? Do you want to marry this guy? you didn't state how you felt about him. Or how long you'd been together. ... also, you don't refer to him as you fiance.

She is a bitch point blank. I would've said yes just to piss her off

andylmb2000 0

Her feelings on the subject should not reflect your decision, she'll be ok in time

YDI, stop dating douche bags. Wish my parents said the same when I proposed to my ex-fiance.

adelaide_evening 0

As much as we hate to admit it, moms are usually correct. There's a reason every time someone gets divorced you usually hear the woman saying, "I should have listened to my mother!" as they are angrily stuffing their clothes into a suitcase. Your mom could just be a complete bitch, but I'm assuming she probably disapproves of your guy, and probably with good reason. Unless your mom is just a jerk, she probably WANTS to see you happy and realizes this guy can't accomplish that.

FYourSEXLYFE 0

#22, nope the emo bitch got what she deserved

ChelseaAnn08 0

#1 could be right....mom's have that 6th sense when it comes to people their kids are seeing (sometimes...) and I agree with #25 too...were you even there? O, congrats btw! Lol.

You should do what u feel is right..... Maybe your mom was mad about losing you