By ThanksMom - 02/06/2009 12:06 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and parents went out to dinner. As we started the meal, my boyfriend proposed and the restaurant burst into applause. My mother said without hesitation and a large scowl, "If you say yes, I'm leaving." FML
I agree, your life sucks 95 190
You deserved it 4 359

ThanksMom tells us more.

Hi, FMLer here. The reason my mother said that was because she wanted me to get back together with my first boyfriend, though I've been with my new fiance for 5 years. She never got over me leaving my first and never accepted anyone after. And as you might have noticed in my previous paragraph- I said yes! (And by the way, my father told my mother if she leaves, he'd stay and wouldnt give her the car keys. ;) )

Top comments

Dude your mom sucks if she would do that in public... Seriously FYL... So what was you answer??? :p

Comments

Ouch. Your moms a bitch. Seriously, if you love the guy, And you know your doing the right thing, it shouldn't matter what your mom thinks.

irishgurlxo 0
morgan020 0

Dont worry my mom didnt like my husband at one point but we've been together for over 5 years and married for 2 1/2 she'll get over it. Maybe she thinks your too young or doesnt think hes good enough who knows im sure she has her reasons.

Ashleeeyy 0

Hey, it's your life. Not hers.

Wow, FYM(om). That's supposed to be one of the most exciting moments of your life, way for her to spoil it. I hope you answered truthfully and ignored her.

That.. Must suck. I hope that you said yes. I say you shoulda just let her leave.

Wow, FYM(om). That's supposed to be one of the most exciting moments of your life, way for her to spoil it. I hope you answered truthfully and ignored her.

why dont people finish the ******* story.... hope u said yes