By JStein - 29/11/2012 04:33 - United States - Hampshire

Today my boyfriend and my best friend had a very lengthy, detailed conversation about Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, of which I know nothing about. Once they stopped, I looked at him and smiled, and he responded with, "Why can't you be more like her?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 395
You deserved it 8 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should read that, it's not a classic for nothing... It is acceptable to have different interests than your boyfriend, but maybe you could try looking into what he likes, some of my ex-boyfriends showed me some great movies, books and music!

I don't really agree, people often have different interest and while she could definitely watch a movie with her bf of show interest, she doesn't have to. and the way he commented on it was really harsh.

Comments

Listen OP, I had never watched LOTR and I never planned on it because I thought it was dumb or nerdy. Then I met my boyfriend who insisted I watch all of them with him and turns out I was more addicted than he was haha! It was a douchey thing for your boyfriend to say but maybe try watching the movies so you don't feel left out. Who knows you may like them ;)

It sucks that he would say that to you, but I still would recommend reading the books and seeing the movies as they are really good forms of literature.

PsychoBitch666 8

That's a fair question. LOTR is the best.

jem970 19

While agree couples can have separate interests, why don't you try and make an effort to enjoy something with him? If he is that Into them then why not try it? I despise Star Wars but my boyfriend loves them, I make the effort for him. Try and do the same OP, it won't kill you.

you should have answered why can't you be more like legolas?

I love how more people are scolding the OP for not liking Lord of the Rings than realising that her boyfriend's a bit of a bell-end. I like LOTR too but I don't consider it worth saying something incredibly hurtful to your significant other for. What the ****?

Dump him. He might cheat on you with your friend. He is already being an ass. If he won't treat you right now, then he won't later.

SwtCherryPie 26

That is a bit extreme, dont you think?

That should be "about which I know nothing." Remember, every time you use bad grammar, a dolphin kills a baby seal.