By idonthaveauserna - 09/10/2014 16:48 - United Kingdom - Nelson

Today, my boyfriend admitted than he's been using Febreze instead of showering for the past month. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 233
You deserved it 4 883

idonthaveauserna_fml tells us more.

idonthaveauserna_fml 2

OP here- It's a long distance relationship, he told me over Skype. I can confirm that he HAS had a (long) shower now.

Top comments

iLike2Teabag 27

Good thing it not only covers, but eliminates odours.

Comments

tehdarkness 21

I wonder how OP didn't notice sooner! And I wonder how all those chemicals affected him!

I'm with #94, this is absolutely disgusting. They went without showering for a whole MONTH. Febreze or no Febreze, that is unsanitary on so many levels.

idonthaveauserna_fml 2

OP here- It's a long distance relationship, he told me over Skype. I can confirm that he HAS had a (long) shower now.

Isa_fml 20

Ew, thank God you didn't have to smell him in person then.

iLike2Teabag 27

Good thing it not only covers, but eliminates odours.

It may eliminate odors, but it won't wash greasy hair.

badluckalex 23

you two must not be doing it right!

kyu_Q 19

Not only hair. I feel he is uncircumcised the penis, like the ****** secretes stuff to clean itself. There is a buildup every and it will smell very unpleasant if left unwashed. plus there is all that dead skin from the scalp and poo toilet paper misses. I wonder if OP was having sex with him during that month. That 'after sex' smell is not nice the morning after.

how do some people not get that stuff like that ISNT the same as showering?!

It takes about 5 minutes to have a quick shower. Is it really that hard??

Every Thursday in Gym my class has to share the locker with another class. They are about 15 girls and none of them shower, they just rub baby wipes on their skin and use ridiculous amounts of perfume. It's nasty.

diving_fml 30

what if they use deodorant with it? then is it the same......

SilverInGray 25

Some people have trouble showering for reasons other than being lazy or busy. A lot of times trauma can make it very hard to shower, and mental illnesses can cause it to be very difficult as well.

countryb_cth 38

@57 I don't understand why you got down voted it is completely true. When my mom had a bad thyroid storm her depression acted up. And she hated showering because the feel of the water made her uncomfortable. What can also cause not being able to shower often is medical illness, surgery, chronic pain or medication. A medical issue could cause pain, can't get out of bed, feel sick or dizzy when standing ect. Medication side effects could cause a side affect where after showering you could (usually happens with some pain killers) end up really hot and sweaty no matter how cold the shower is, its just from the shower itself (personal experience). Or to them the water feels to hot or to cold no matter what the temperature is. Or the medication could make the skin extreamly sensitive there for they can't shower because its painful. Could be that they feel depressed or anxious as a side effect and that prevents/inables them to get thr medication to shower. There are a lot of reasons why some people prolong showers, may it be a mental, medical, hormonal, side effect of medication, trauma or just plain laziness. But a month is a little exsesive, and I don't get how OP didn't notice, like yah I know he used frebreze and all but what about his hair ? I mean I miss a whole two days and I look like the BP oil spill, so I don't understand. That being said this is in no way a YDI it's deffinatly a FML. Also OP I suggest going to the doctor and get tested for a UTI because a lot of UTI's are caused by either you or your partner being unhygienic.

countryb_cth 38

*the modivation also sorry for the long comment it's just I know people myself included, that have had troubles showering and it was most deffinatly not laziness

I agree #67. I happen to take pain medication for a chronic degenerative condition. It makes me sweat like a hog, and if my shower is too warm, It makes me sweat like I just finished some serious and I feel like I never showered to begin with. OP, I'm also curious...how did you not notice your boyfriend wasn't showering? I get 24 hours before my hair is so greasy I could supply a fast food fry cook with enough oil for a week. Is he bald? How did he get away with that?

@66, your hair gets greasy so fast because you wash it too often. js.

@74 thats not true. because i have tried waiting a few days before i washed my hair and washed it everyday. it still gets greasy just as fast anyway.

He passed the noseblind test. Now he can have blindfolded women sniff him and they'll never know they're sitting on a man.

The only thing about that is when you look like me, woman don't tend to agree to be blindfolded.

It's because they must witness your magnificence, Sassy. The sight of you overpowers all of their other senses, including smell.

Blindfold them before they can see you.

#5; That would mean you would need to train in the art of the ninja. And lets face it, who doesnt want to be a ninja these days? seems like a win win to me. haha

orbit 22

#55 I believe that is highly illegal.

karimm_fml 6

He likes to do stuff the easy way

Well can you blame him? I like being clean and all but I'm just so lazy to lazy to wash myself! But sooner or later I take a shower!

juststephhere 23

Oh god... I would imagine that wouldn't be very pleasant...

iLike2Teabag 27

Telling the world about it through FML.

ShadowlessSpear 21

She sniffed him and said, "I can't tell the difference".