By Neckbruise101 - 15/10/2016 06:01 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, my boss berated me in front of 2 other coworkers about how unprofessional it was for me to show up to work with a clearly visible hickey. I had to explain to him that my "hickey" was actually a huge pimple that had bruised up after I popped it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 635
You deserved it 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would have stuck with the hickey story if I were you.

Hahaha! Oh, I'm sorry OP. That's hilarious though. Hey on the bright side, your coworkers and boss think you're getting some ;)

Comments

Hahaha! Oh, I'm sorry OP. That's hilarious though. Hey on the bright side, your coworkers and boss think you're getting some ;)

I would have stuck with the hickey story if I were you.

How is having a hickey 'unprofessional'?

Companies don't like people representing them with clearly visible hickeys. Especially if your job is in the public eye. Understandably so

I agree #7. The professional way he should have taken care of the situation was pulling OP into his office or even taking him somewhere they work without any open ears around.

True, I once got shot in the neck with a paintball, I'd it weren't for the fact that I was playing family members people would have thought it was a hickey.

Next time try putting toothpaste on it instead of popping it.

ApeTheGreatApe 11

What is this high school you work at?

Why would they berate you in front of your coworkers?

What's unprofessional is your boss berating you in front of your other co-workers.

Now that your boss knows it's not a hickey, tell him how unprofessional it is to make assumptions about your personal life and berate you in public, and that what he did is harassment.

1 - It is none of your boss's business if you come with a hickey. The main thing is you are at work, sober, professional and punctual. 2 - The bum should be reported to HR for interfering in your personal life and for publicly berating you. 3 - what were you supposed to do if you got a hickey? Stay at home and risk losing employment? Use a professional makeup artist? Who would've paid for that?

Next time put a bandaid on it. Nobody will ask about that.