By faeliality - 15/10/2016 05:54 - United States

Today, I discovered that yes, you CAN forget how to ride a bike. Too bad I discovered this in front of all my son's friends and their parents while at his birthday party. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 026
You deserved it 1 426

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes it hurts being the exception to the rule.

And that's when you get up and act like it was meant to happen!

Comments

Sometimes it hurts being the exception to the rule.

And that's when you get up and act like it was meant to happen!

Did you lose your sense of balance with age, or what?

I too forgot how to ride a bike. I cannot for the life of me keep it steady, even though my balance has greatly improved with age (I took up martial arts in college).

same:( I stopped riding before I hit puberty so I have a different center of balance now. I also don't like being too high off the ground so yeah, I'll just walk or drive.

I want to say YDI, only because it takes a while to "click" when it's been a long time. It can take 20 minutes before your brain remembers how it works.

ber4fun 23

I'm sure your brain still remembers, now we just have to get your body on board.

Time to shift gears and get over it (no pun intended). It's not a big deal, you haven't rode in a while.

Really? Did you have lot of head trauma? Or did you ride a bicycle for just a couple of hours when you were a little child? Or were you drunk stupid? My friend says she got bat shit drunk on her engagement and locked herself in the loo.. She said she couldn't remember how to pee or unlock the door.. Finally another friend of hers had to climb over and let her out... Yeowza!!

Don't feel too bad I went downtown with my boyfriend the other day to bike for the first time in years XD it was definitely awkward but I caught on again after a while just keep at it and you should get the hang of it again ^^

They say riding your bike is like driving a car. That statement is false because I have been in the same predicament myself. I tried getting on a bike after almost 10 years and could not get the hang of it. I did after 20 minutes but I still struggled for awhile and wasn't as good as I used to be. Practice does make perfect though. Keep practicing and it'll come back to you after awhile.