By failedmusician - 03/06/2009 10:06 - New Zealand

Today, my band went to play a set for the first time. I'm the drummer. All was going well, and then before our first song I threw the sticks in the air, went to catch them, and one hit me right in the eye. I couldn't continue playing. Now I have to wear an eyepatch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 711
You deserved it 59 042

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Learn to spin them around in your hands if you can't catch them.

Let's hope you guys are a pirate themed band. Arrrggghhh. =X

Comments

xanth 0

I support the effort, but everyone knows you only throw one stick at a time. If anything, FYL for not playing through it. I once played through a show with a corneal ulcer caused by a terrible eye infection.

Lmaos. I do that all the time :D Only, last time I done it, it went out the window and into the gutter. Congrats if your band didn't try and hammer you.

NGM_KID 0

LOL, I think this is hilarious!! Does that make me a bad person that I like to laugh at people's pain? OH I'M #34!! I just wanna thank my parents, my friends, and everyone who made this possible....thank you so much and god bless!! :D lol

lol im a drummer too.... hope that never happens to me :) hope your eye feels better!

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate! Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is all right to be! Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate! You are a pirate! (Yay!) We got us a map (a map!) to lead us to a hidden box, Thats all locked up with locks (with locks!) and buried deep away. We'll dig up the box (the box!), we know it's full of precious booty Burst open the locks, and then we'll say 'HOORAY!' Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee, If you love to sail the sea, you are a pirate! WEIGH ANCHOR! Yah - har - fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is all right to be! Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate! Arr - yarr - ahoy and avast, dig in the dirt and you dig in it fast! Hang the black flag at the end of the mast! You are a pirate! HA HA HA (Yay!) We're sailing away (set sail!), adventure waits on every shore! We set sail and explore (ya-har!) and run and jump all day (Yay!) We float on our boat (our boat!) until its time to drop the anchor, Then hang up our coats (aye-aye!) until we sail again! Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee, If you love to sail the sea you are a pirate! LAND HO! Yar - har - fiddle-dee-dee, being a pirate is alright with me! Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate! Yar har wind at your back lads, wherever you go! Blue sky above and blue ocean below, you are a pirate! HA HA HA! You are a pirate!

As a future Music Educator, You Deserved the one... Don't mess around kiddo! Look at it this way, at least you learned your lesson. I hope your band was able to continue without you!

First of all, you probably should have kept it simple for the first time out. Props for effort but it clearly didn't work out too well. Second, #21, what does gender have to do with anything. Your comment is rude, sexist and generally uncalled for. People like you make the world a more irritating place.

Hahahaha! Good laugh dude! Sorry man, guess you were just nervous...

elsieenchanted 0

That's what you get for waking up in Vegas! ;] And, Arrrrrg, eyepatches. Mwahahaha. >:D Edit: (Just Saying) Why do people allways want to catch them? Personally, I don't think catching the Drum Sticks are that cool... ._.