By LockedOut - 25/07/2009 00:55 - United States

Today, my auto-repairman told me my heavy mass of keys was bad for the ignition switch and suggested I separate my house and car keys. I began to carry my car keys and lock the house keys in my glovebox. My car was stolen. I now have car keys but no car and a house with no house key. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 431
You deserved it 14 985

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Duckie101 0

I dont think u thought this through

1st off) Always always alwayssss have spare keys! 2nd) If your car got stolen with your house keys.. change your locks. 3rd) It's usually a good idea to have a trusted friend or family member keep a spare house/car key just in case!!! That sucks ass tho!

Comments

pittsports87 0

The catch is, the car thief is your auto-repairman!

you're retarded. this isn't an FML, just go to the locksmith. YDI also for not keeping them in a secure place and not having spares.

softbonez 0

I don't think YDI. My dad owns two restaurants and so he has a lot of keys. The car repairman told him the same thing and so he has two sets of keys. Just because a guy stole his car doesn't mean he deserves it. My dad loses his keys all the time, and he definitely does not have a purse.

softbonez 0

There are a lot of stupid people on this site. What are you, 14? People have responsibilities, so they might just have a lot of keys. And they DO wear down the ignition. Before calling OP a dumbass, you better think things through.

tboudre 0

Is that in any way like putting all of your eggs in one basket?

You should still keep both sets of keys on you.

marissajean42 0

Do you think maybe the auto repairman stole your car? Not to cast aspersions on anyone but it sounds like a clever plan if he did.

I don't understand. How can you lock your house keys in your car, but still be able to lock/unlock your house? Unless you're a hobo, in which case it doesn't matter.

The OP locked the house, then walked over to her car and locked the keys in her car =D I hope I made things clear.

Britton 4

So you snuck over to your neighbor's house so you could post it on a website instead of doing something about it?