By Sadmom - 17/09/2009 23:58 - United States

Today, my 7 year old daughter decided to use my laptop without my permission. She accidentally got SpaghettiOs on the screen, then used the hard side of a sponge, filled with soapy water, to scrub both the keyboard and screen of my laptop to clean it off so Mommy wouldn't know. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 611
You deserved it 5 332

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kellster 2

I guess you shouldn't have left it in her reach, or her unattended with it, if she couldn't be trusted to be obey you. I hope you're teaching her a lesson about honesty and obedience here! That said, sorry about your laptop. :/

Comments

When my little sister was four, she purposefully poured a glass of water on my Sega Pico so I couldn't play it anymore. (Then, to seal the deal, she cut the cord with a pair of safety scissors). So if a 4-year-old is aware that water + electronics = disaster, I'm pretty sure the OP's 7-year-old daughter should have that figured out by now. Then again, the OP could be exaggerating a bit - perhaps the sponge was only a bit wet. It may be hard for a kid who's 7 to realize that just a bit of water can cause a laptop some serious damage.

Sega Pico!? SHIT JUST GOT REAL! *high-five* I wonder what happened to mine....don't remember. X_x

For years my mom promised to buy me a new Pico... I think this weekend I'm taking her up on it. SHIT YEAH, ADVENTURES IN PRIDE PARK HERE I COME!

ihatestupidppl 0

I feel like such a loser, I don't even know what a Pico is =( I had a Sega Genesis as a child, that's as far as my Sega knowledge got.

I only ever got a tamagotchi as a "game console" when I was a kid, so you win either way

How did you know about the SpaghettiO's if she cleaned them off?

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

I was actually going to guess that maybe she didn't finish cleaning them off. I mean, it's not hard to spill thin pasta and sauce onto a keyboard. It gets under the keys, gets sticky and gross.

Use this expensive lesson wisely: next time, keep your valuables out of reach. Oh, and: give your child consequences, OP. When my boys were seven, I would have told them not to touch my computer, and they would have been old enough to listen. If they hadn't listened anyway, I would have punished them. Know your child. Act accordingly. Don't be like "Junior's" mother in Walmart the other week. Overheard: "Junior! Junior!! Junior come here! THREE....TWO....ONE!!!!! Junior? Come here Junior! Junior?" Consequences instead of talk is what matters. Junior is smart enough to understand that exactly nothing comes after ONE, so Junior continues doin' his thang until mommy finds him and forces him to continue shopping. If standing in the corner or early nap time, or no dessert came after ONE, I'd bet Junior AND your seven-year-old would be a little more inclined to obey.

38 has a good point but don't take it too far.. you don't want to over punish children,

HBubble 3

At least she cleans up after herself

Sucks. But that's life. And having kids of course.

on the bryt side she was thoughtful enuf to try to clean up :p

_THE_MASTER_ 0

and we just found out what the 7 year old daughter was doing on her mom's laptop...

_THE_MASTER_ 0

Thank you, Thank you. I do what I can. Vote THE MASTER in 2012

Kansasgirl 0

Well then maybe you should explain to your daughter what she should & shouldn't do with your laptop.